Cambridge rats - FINALLY - one litter born

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxchelle

Alright so this thread was posted a couple days ago: http://www.ratshackforum.com/forum/view ... p?p=330227 and I immediately had a huge internal battle with myself. Normally, when I see the possibility of three pregnant females? I RUN the other way. But this ad was different, and I don't know why.

But I couldn't justify taking on three litters at once. And I CERTAINLY couldn't justify paying this person for rats. But I emailed anyways, asking if they'd give me JUST the rats for free. Of course I got a rude NO back.

So I tried to forget about the ad. Every once in a while it would pop up, I would talk myself out of it, and that was that.

Until tonight. Oh gosh. I got an email saying they HAD to go tonight and if I could come pick them up they were mine. So I panicked a bit. I called Graham. I called Shelagh. I talked it over with Liz. I consulted a lot of different people, and it was Graham who made the final call, saying that as long as we have the support, we can do this rescue.

I was on my way instantly to get them.

These rats are dolls, they're sweet even though they came from such crappy situations!

Of course they're on pregnancy watch for the next three weeks, but I have a good feeling about them :)

They don't have names yet, I'm awful at naming and I generally despise it. But I can still introduce you to their faces. Their ridiculously ADORABLE faces.

The boy, around 4 months old. A gorgeous agouti self:
DSC_4084.jpg

The baby girl, around 10 weeks old. A fawn bareback:
DSC_4066.jpg

One of the two older girls, around 8 months old. Agouti hooded:
DSC_4081.jpg

And last but not least, the other older girl, around 8 months old. A very dark, pretty beige hooded:
DSC_4072.jpg

xxchelle said:
The baby girl, around 10 weeks old. A fawn bareback:
DSC_4066.jpg

She looks ready to shoot out of that thing as a rattie cannonball! lol She looks just like my Ginger <3

Praying for no (or only one) pregnancies! If they are baby free I bet they will go fast!

So glad these 4 got saved! Thank goodness the owner came to their senses and gave them to you for free...and not for snake food :sad3:

You're awesome for taking on such a potentially large rescue :hugs:

Yay, not only did you get to save them, you didn't give those evil people any money :) Good for you....they are adorable.

Yay! xxchelle! You are so awesome... and so brave for taking them on! And that agouti boy. OMG. I would love love love to get my hands on him! He has such an adorable round looking head/face! LOL.

Oh they are adorable! Win-win: You didn't have to pay for them, and they are safe in your hands. Here's hoping the girls aren't pregnant. Although by then SQ's ratties will be older, so we will need a new baby thread to follow... :giggle:

When it rains it pours. Holy cow. I really hope nobody's pregnant! If you have any reason to visit London soon our vet spays for $125.

Soooo, weights... (Oh and they have names... agouti hooded is Amy, beige hooded is Serena, and baby fawn hooded is Raye.)

Sunday, March 20th
Amy - 295g
Serena - 275g
Raye - 175g

Monday, March 21st
Amy - 310g (ugh... not good)
Serena - 295g (still not good...)
Raye - 195g (UGH! NOT GOOD!)

:wallbang:

Roughly the same time (within a couple hours).

Here's my new theory. Their house REEKED of weed, right? So the poor ratties were probably stoned out of their mind. As they were coming down (at my house now, with bowls full of food) the munchies kicked in and they just gorged on everything.

Plausible? :roll:

xxchelle said:
Roughly the same time (within a couple hours).

Here's my new theory. Their house REEKED of weed, right? So the poor ratties were probably stoned out of their mind. As they were coming down (at my house now, with bowls full of food) the munchies kicked in and they just gorged on everything.

Plausible? :roll:

Well they are all relatively young and getting REAL food now, plus the munchies theory...sure let's say its plausible. :D

Back