Cambridge rats - FINALLY - one litter born

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty much all that's going on in my head. I'm too worried about 3 litters to sit down and actually do the math and look at it rationally.

Sunday, March 27th
Amy - 300g (-5)
Serena - 310g (0)
Raye - 215g (+10)

Monday, March 28th
Amy - 300g (0)
Serena - 315g (+5)
Raye - 220g (+5)

Moon said:
How long before they pop do they "plateau"? Does anyone really LOOK pregnant at this point?

Raye has a pudge, but she's still a baby herself so it could be baby fat. Amy doesn't have much of a belly, beyond just good food belly. Serena is starting to get a bit round, but it's not down low like I'd expect, it's up a bit higher. :panic:

xxchelle said:
Moon said:
How long before they pop do they "plateau"? Does anyone really LOOK pregnant at this point?

Raye has a pudge, but she's still a baby herself so it could be baby fat. Amy doesn't have much of a belly, beyond just good food belly. Serena is starting to get a bit round, but it's not down low like I'd expect, it's up a bit higher. :panic:

They sure are making things easy on you

:cry4:

Monday, March 28th
Amy - 300g (0)
Serena - 315g (+5)
Raye - 220g (+5)

Tuesday, March 29th
Amy - 315g (+15)
Serena - 320 (+5)
Raye - 230 (+10)

Can they not make this easier on me? Now Amy is having a huge jump? What the heck?

*buries head in the sand*

I think Serena is definitely pregnant, it's been constant weight gain for her. I didn't think Amy was pregnant but now this 15 gram weight jump? What the heck? And Raye... is she pregnant or just growing, since she's still just a baby herself? I have no clue! GAH!

The problem is, they can be anywhere from just about to give birth, to only a week and a bit pregnant (I got them a week and a bit ago, and separated the male then).

So for all I know Amy is only a week and a half along, and is just starting to gain weight now.

Sunday, March 20th
Amy - 295g
Serena - 275g
Raye - 175g

Tuesday, March 29th
Amy - 315g (+15)
Serena - 320 (+5)
Raye - 230 (+10)

Amy's jump isn't as big as Raye's - I'm just hoping that for Raye it's one of those juvenile growth spurts... And of course just really hoping that they were all starving and want to be stupidly fat...

Joanne, I like your idea that you posted a few days ago about just checking back in a couple weeks... that's what I feel like doing, haha!

Tuesday, March 29th
Amy - 315g (+15)
Serena - 320 (+5)
Raye - 230 (+10)

Wednesday, March 30th
Amy - 310g (-5)
Serena - 330g (+10)
Raye - 240 (+10) - Raye has a definitely preggo belly. Efffffff. And WHAT is going on with Amy?

xxchelle said:
Tuesday, March 29th
Amy - 315g (+15)
Serena - 320 (+5)
Raye - 230 (+10)

Wednesday, March 30th
Amy - 310g (-5)
Serena - 330g (+5)
Raye - 240 (+10) - Raye has a definitely preggo belly. Efffffff. And WHAT is going on with Amy?

Wouldn't 320-330 make Serena +10g?

OK back to my calcs...bad news is you have 2 preggy ladies...good news is that Raye is young so hopefully will have a teeny litter?

Amy has only gained 15 grams in 10 days...

Serena has gained 55 grams

Raye has caught up and has also gained 55 grams

Now with these 2 you need to watch for consistent weight gain of over 10 grams a night as they get closer to the birthing day.

And it begins...

I picked up Raye to check on her and she has a tiny bit of blood from her vagina, and she's ballooned up. She's now in a maternity cage being anxiously watched by Amanda and I.

Okay so I'm getting really frustrated. I think she was just spotting/false labor. She's now asleep in the corner. *sighs* Why can't ANYTHING be easy for these girls?

Back