Cabotine - PT - She's gone

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awww I am very sorry you lost her Nancy :( It sounds like it was her time, and she went from really well to done quickly so that in itself is a blessing. She enjoyed her time up to the end.

The blood from mouth, nose and ears was what I saw with a burst PT. I don't remember foam.

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate the kind words and support. :hugs: I grew very close to my Titine in the past 7 weeks, and having her come to me when called shows me that she did, too. The good part is that she was closing on 28 months, so she was not a baby anymore. She had a good life, I hope, with lots of friends and good food (that I KNOW she enjoyed!), and tons of cuddles and kisses in the end. She was a little treasure that hid way too well, for way too long. I just couldn't let go of her after she passed... I kept petting her on my chest until she started getting cool, I was so hoping she was just unconscious and would end up waking up...

jorats said:
My experience with foaming, blood and pus was burst pulmonary abscesses, this was shown in post mortems.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

She did have a URI, and she did breathe abdominally... but no pus came out, just saliva and blood. Given she was obese and had been for all of her adult life, I was wondering if maybe that could be related to a heart issue? That would have been my next question to the vet, if she had made it there...

I'm so sorry to hear that Cabotine is gone, especially since she had bounced back so well. But it is great that she got to live her life to the fullest right up until it was time for her to go, and that you were with her all the way. I too can never let them go right away. It seems necessary to wait until their body starts to change (cooler and starting to stiffen) to accept that they are truly gone.
:hugs:

Back