Bronny - hard lump on face :( Update wi' pics 03/05

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww, poor Bronny! :cry3: Sweet Precious! :heart:

This is a bit off topic but I have to ask! You've been referring to Dr. Munn as "he" in your posts. Is there a Mr. & a Mrs. Dr. Munn? When I was there was I seeing someone other than Dr. Munn?

Hard news! :cry: I guess that it could have been worse, but not by much.

I wish you the highest-possible quality time together, and I do hope that she gets to celebrate the big 3. Lots of ratty kisses flying through the airwaves to her.

OK, pics of pics...I tried :roll:

Dr. Munn couldn't see anything and was really hoping when he used the scope he would see a rotten tooth, remove it and drain it for me and we could all go home happy.

bronnysscopeleftshowingnormallabell.jpg

But his hopes were dashed when he saw this...
bronnysscoprerightabnormaltissuelab.jpg

and a closeup...I tried to get a clear pic, it really is nasty compared to the normal smooth cheek in the normal pic
bronnysscoperightshowingcloseupo-1.jpg

And just in case, Dr Munn took a panel of xrays to see if the bone was affected.
Here is the normal left
Bronnysxrayleftshowingnormaltissuef.jpg

and the right where you can see the abnormal tissue
Bronnysxrayrightshowingabnormalt-1.jpg

And a straight down shot, where he was reassured about any issues with the bones. The jaw mandibles are equal and normal. If the bone had been involved it would've looked moth eaten.
Bronnysxrayshowingjawmandiblesevena.jpg

I learned a lot today, and the news could've been much worse. I suggested to Dr. Munn that I try steroid therapy to see if we can shrink the tissues and make it feel less weird. If it doesn't work I will put her back on metacam. They loved her and Preshy at the clinic. :heart:

Thanks for posting those. I wish I knew my vet's email so that I could pass them on. This is a real learning experience. Just wish we didn't have to learn all this stuff from Bronny. Tell Bronny thanks for teaching us. :heart:

Thanks for posting those for us Shelagh. I'm going to copy them down and give a copy to my vet if that's ok with you.

Thanks also to Bronny for teaching us all something new. :heart: I hope the steroids work and can make that tissue smaller.

Thats the first X-ray i've seen of a rats head (well, any part of a rat tbh). Its quite fascinating! On the X-ray the abnormal tissue doesn't look that big in comparison to the rest of the head, but ofc visually it does :(

You have a lovely relationship with your vets. There seems to be a LOT of shared trust between you two

I hope your treatment plan works Lilspaz :( Keep us posted.

I was hoping we'd hear better news for poor Bronny. I hope she has some good days left with you :hugs: hopefully the steroids will help shrink it!

The big 3 will not be happening. The cancer in Bronny's mouth is growing fast, even with the steroids to try to keep it under control. The bump is bigger and harder, and her eye is being compromised now. I had her out on my bed all night last night, with Valora and I will have her out with me every night until Saturday. Saturday morning I am taking sickly Linny to Dr. Munn to see if he can figure out wth is wrong with this girl...and I will have Bronny pts at the same time. She will be suffering soon, and I cannot have that. :cry3:

Eating takes a long time, and I thought I smelt a whiff of infection in her mouth..its possible her molars have cut the mass...

Saturday will be a very tough day.
Bronwenmar5.jpg

Bronwensfacemar5.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Back