Bronny - hard lump on face :( Update wi' pics 03/05

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They called me abou5 25 mins ago asking for permission to put Bronny out so that he could get a good look in her mouth and do any procedures necessary.

I am on pins and needles just waiting. My poor baby was in a lot of pain even with the metacam every 12 hours :sad3:

Bronny was lightly anesthetized so Dr Munn could put a scope in her mouth, and unfortunately he found that the inside of her check is all abnormal tissue, and likely cancerous from the appearance (I am pretty sure he said that). He took pics of that and her molars which are rather “old and gnarly”.
He then x-rayed her skull (no charge to me, but for her own curiosity) and found no bone involvement whatsoever, so its all just tissue, which while not good, is better than bone.

He thinks that she is not in pain so much, but things feel weird and wrong in her mouth. She was bruxxing constantly for the last couple of days, which I took as a possible indicator of pain or discomfort.

So it all depends on how fast it develops and how she acts, but it looks like metacam and home, until I decide “when”. :undecided:

At least I get to take my wonderful loving girl home tonight. :heart: :heart:

A cute side story. I sent Precious as Bronwen’s companion for the day. Preshy had severe PT symptoms when she arrived as my foster, and as soon as I saw that I knew she and Summer (her cagemate) would be staying. Precious responded beautifully to her treatment, and has been running, climbing and just being the tiniest pluckiest, happiest little girl. I got Precious and Summer a month ago (Jan. 25).
Dr Munn told me that when he put Bronwen back in the cage in a cuddle sack, little Precious ran over and bumped the sack open so she could see Bronny. She saw she was a bit stoned and this is where I would figure she would run her over in her glee of movement, but instead she ran inside and curled up beside her while Bronny recovered :heart:

I am getting pics tonight to take home, so I may be taking a pic of the pic and posting :)

Not great news but at least she is coming home.....Give her some cuddles and kisses from me......
Sweet Precious...she knew Bronny needed her. :heart:

I'm sorry, Shelagh. Did Dr. Munn take a biopsy of the tissue? Was she able to comment on whether it was a slow-growing cancer or not?

Precious' devotion to her friend is heartwarming. Rats really are remarkable little creatures, aren't they? I am loving them more and more with each passing day. :heart: :heart:

Back