"Big Angry Live Rat for Food" - Baby Pics :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have decided that Arabella did not give birth to baby rats but chubby ewoks instead! All they need are the little headcovers...

Boys

Apr1314blackbabyboy16days.jpg~original

Apr1314lightbabyboy16days.jpg~original

Apr1314lightbabyboy16daysB.jpg~original

Girls

Apr1314babyblackgirl16daysold.jpg~original

Apr1314dumbogirl16days.jpg~original

Apr1314bluegirl16days.jpg~original

Jenny's other girl

Apr1314Jennysothergirl.jpg~original

Kallie was a bit reluctant at first :p

Apr1314Kallie2.jpg~original

Apr1314Kallie1.jpg~original

I have just moved the Sully group to the bottom of the FN. I am scrubbing the R-680 for Arabelly and the babies to move into...there should be some fun pics once I move them in, as long as Ara doesn't station herself at the door to protect them again LOL They are climbing, popcorning, wrestling with each other...the cute is even killing me and I should be relatively immune :stupid:

Please please please more pictures!
Sorry I've been slacking. I have gotten random pics but its hard getting pics with a wary toothy mom waiting or you to get a leetle too close to her babies LOL

Yesterday when they were stll in the small Mat cage :)

Apr1414Araandherbabiesat18daysold.jpg~original

Babies playing

Apr1414blackbabiesplayfighting18days.jpg~original

Apr1514babies.jpg~original

Babies checking me out..dumbo lass with her teeth :p

Apr1514babies4.jpg~original

The Big Thirst Baby Style LOL

Apr1514babies3.jpg~original

Then they got moved to the R-680 and the babies were whizzing up all the ramps and up all the levels and back

Apr1614babycage.jpg~original

First one on the wheel

Apr1614babyonwheel.jpg~original

Poor poor Ara kept trying to keep them in a bottom corner...she would carry them down and plunk them in the corner, then they would run back up, and she would do it all over again.

Apr1614Arawithbaby2.jpg~original

Apr1614Araandbaby.jpg~original

She finally gave up and I got pics of them finally

Apr1614baby3.jpg~original

Apr1614baby6.jpg~original

apr1614baby.jpg~original

Apr1614babies.jpg~original

Apr1614baby5.jpg~original

Apr1614baby2.jpg~original

Apr1614baby4.jpg~original

Mhm I am head over heals with all of them. AND boyfriend agrees they are the cutest things! My plan to condition him to their cuteness is working!!! I want to snuggle, play and popcorn them all!!!!

I just keep scrolling all the way down, then back up, then back down, then back up. I cannot get enough! You were right about 3 weeks and me being in BIG trouble.

The babies are going to have so much fun in the bigger cage. They'll be hanging off the ceiling in no time! Hopefully with the babies being more independent, momma will be less defensive.

The babies are now 3 weeks old :thewave:

I am going away today up to see my elderly mom, and of course on the way picking up some very old needy rats. My brother graciously is letting me meet up with a woman in Barrie to get these boys. :D

One is very very sick, and will need desperate nursing as soon as I get my hands on him. I am wondering if my brother will mind waiting while I sub-q the poor lad as he's very dehydrated. We are just praying he makes it til I can get him today at 1 pm.

I can only text from my mom's so will have almost no contact until Sunday.

But until then, hopefully this will help keep your baby fix needs down until then. :heart:

All these big chubby babies fit in this teeny box...they love it

Apr18148babiesinabox3weeksold.jpg~original

The whole crew...well sorta, 2 are butts-only :p

Apr1814babies3weeks2.jpg~original

I have stopped guessing what these babies are...they look PEW (dumbo, Kallie, etc) but then there's that light butt shading or beige marks on their backs that are confusing me...for now we will call them "mismarked PEW's" :giggle:

Apr1814PEWbabies3weeks.jpg~original

Apr1814babies3weeks3.jpg~original

Apr1814babies3weeks.jpg~original

Apr1814babies3weeks4.jpg~original

Dumbo lady and Kallie are the timid shy ones of the bunch...

Apr1814dumbo3weeks.jpg~original

Dumbo gives kisses tho, sweet little kisses...I melted into goo! Prior to this the babies just used their sharp little teeth :D

Apr1814dumbokisses3weeks.jpg~original

Little Kallie beside Dumbo's butt

Apr1814timidbabiesKallieanddumbogal3weeks.jpg~original

Ohhh brave Kallie :D

Apr1814braveKallie.jpg~original

Kallie's sister is NOT timid. Notice the markings on her butt/back

Apr1814Kalliessister2.jpg~original

Apr1814Kalliessister.jpg~original

I call these 2 Trouble...the photoshoot became more difficult, as there were 3-5 babies who were constantly climbing up my arm to my shoulder then under my hair...tickling me, making me giggle and shake...not good for clear pics LOLOLOL

Apr1814trouble.jpg~original

Apr1814thebravebabies3weeks.jpg~original

Back