Attention all Maritime people the big Harlan question!!!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're still in negotiations with Harlen but Julie said with in a month or two there should be Harlen in the store! So that's awesome news. We'll just have to see how much it'll be sold for and what size of bags. Hopefully they'll carry the big bags. This is good news for the maritimes.

lindsayfawn said:
They're still in negotiations with Harlen but Julie said with in a month or two there should be Harlen in the store! So that's awesome news. We'll just have to see how much it'll be sold for and what size of bags. Hopefully they'll carry the big bags. This is good news for the maritimes.

That would be by June or July 15. Really hope this happens.

If Julie isn't selling large bags of Harlan 2014 at a decent price by late July, I will be ordering a 8 month supply from the Harlan run in Ontario.
My rats can't wait any longer.

Well I went and talked to Julie today. They're still in talks with Harlen Teklad. They're trying to figure out where they are going to store all the food. She's really hoping that they can get the other Global pet foods to take in some of the food. She also said that they would be just getting the Rat lab blocks but also bring in their other food as well for like guinea pigs and other animals.
So things are still in the works.

It would make things easier if those in Fredericton and St John who want Harlan to call or go in and ask if they can bring it in.. if other stores see there's a market for it and a immediate interest then it'll be an incentive for them to bring it in

Global in Fredericton will not do anything for people. They don't seem to like their customers ... based on the way they treat them.
I have asked Global in Halifax about this before and was told they couldn't do it.
Perhaps if the woman in Moncton were to contact other Global stores that carry oxbow, they might want in on it.

The woman that runs "the Barking Lot" in Fredericton might be interested in distributing Harlan.

The globals in halifax dartmouth and bedford are all privately owned by one person so its up to the owner to say yes or no... the ones in new brunswick and the one in new minas are corporatly owned so any new products brought in are discussed by staff members and head office.. more people that show interest in it in those areas more liekly they will bring it in...

I think Julie said something about talking to the other stores. They want to see if they can sell it so then it'd be easier to take on so much food with the minimum order of 1000. She said the money isn't the issue it's the space. Their store is already crammed with stock so hopefully she can get a store or two to go in on the order.

Back