Attention all Maritime people the big Harlan question!!!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I took some info and how many people and rats want this food. Julie, the girl that works at global, said she's going to get a hold of them and see what she can do! I really hope she can pull this off!

Maybe you should pm the individuals involved MumsyRat.
But I imagine it will take quite awhile for this to be set up, if it is even possible.

btw, my rats are enjoying the blocks you sent.
thanks
:thumbup:

Godmother said:
Wow, that would be wonderful! the Global in Fredericton refuses to consider ordering Harlan.

I wonder if the Barking Lot would consider ordering Harlan? I could ask the owner. I would much prefer to order from Barking Lot as they are more ethical but of course I know the store's location is not the best.

I wonder if the Barking Lot would consider ordering Harlan?

Where's that place? I've never heard of it?

Does this mean I should cancel my order for Monday????

No I wouldn't cancel the order. It will take her a while to get this all sorted out most likely. Will be friggin sweet if she pulls it off! So many maritimers would benefit from this

I went into Global and talked to Julie. She said she has been in contact with a few people but they're still working things out. So I'm hoping this is a good sign! She said she's going to call me as soon as she knows anything. Keeping our fingers crossed!

I would be interested in some if I could figure out shipping it out to BC - do they ship or I wonder if someone would be willing to ship it COD for me? that would ROCK!

Which Global Pet Foods anyways? Me and WOSMU have talked to the people who own the Global Pet Foods in Bedford next to the Wal-Mart. I'm not sure which ones my rats like better... They used to eat Harlan alot, but they like the smell of Oxbow I think... To me it smells faintly like strawberries.

redgal said:
I would be interested in some if I could figure out shipping it out to BC - do they ship or I wonder if someone would be willing to ship it COD for me? that would ROCK!

redgal and you other guys in B.C. It would cost $36 and take appx. 4 days to send a 33 pound bag from Ontario to B.C. by FEDEX. Canada Post would be $32 / 7 days. Obviously more than that if it's shipped from the maritimes. And if it goes C.O.D. by Canada Post there is an extra $8 service charge.

And you would also want to keep in mind that if a pet store sells Harlan there is going to be a mark up. I'd be surprised if it was less than 100% so the price of the bag will probably be a minimum of $32 (based on the current US/Cdn. exchange rate). A good deal for our gals on the east coast, not so good for someone in the west coast.

Which Global Pet Foods anyways?

It's the only one here in Moncton.

If they do bring it in we would be more then willing to help out others to get it to you. Ang gets a 75% discount for purolator. We just got 3 bags of the 33lbs and it was only 30 bucks total to ship it from Ontario! So We can always use Purolator to ship it out to who ever needs it.

I really hope Julie can pull it off!

Back