ARG!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bronwyn said:
So no change in my routine then, woot! I'm excited to pick out fleece. :oops:
The Dollarama is your friend! Their pieces are perfect for the FN. I use one for the bottom pan with towel underneats and fold up a 2nd one for the level with towel underneath.

Is the towel for super absorbancy?

I can picture a Dollerama in Guelph but not where...hmm...I'll have a good 10 days before classes to explore :D

Bronwyn said:
Is the towel for super absorbancy?

I can picture a Dollerama in Guelph but not where...hmm...I'll have a good 10 days before classes to explore :D
Yup. The ratties will also have fun running under it, lol.

I can see where clips come in handy - last night everything looked quite nice. Now it's rags strewn everywhere. :lol:

I could be going crazy, lol, I'll let ya know when I get there. ^_^

Starting to love this cage. So easy to clean! :heart: Now to attempt to hide it before my parents come home from the farm and see what I built!

Bronwyn said:
last night everything looked quite nice. Now it's rags strewn everywhere. :lol:
have you thought that you might have rats?
Don't you love how they show their appreciation by actually using stuff? :D

Lol! But I'm a neat freak! We don't mix well! :lol: Once I get those clips I'll show 'em! ;D

Tonight I was in a rush and since I installed the doorframe upsidedown I didn't have much time to feed them while holding it up and keeping them in. So I just gave them the huge Tupperware container that holds their lab blocks.

Elphie dragged the ENTIRE BOTTOM BLANKET up the stairs and made every effort to cover the tub. Burying her food! I so wish I had a camera, she did such a nice job!

The blankets don't absorb well though. o_O I miss using the litter as the cage seems to be stinkier a little sooner.

Bronwyn said:
Lol! But I'm a neat freak! We don't mix well! :lol: Once I get those clips I'll show 'em! ;D

Tonight I was in a rush and since I installed the doorframe upsidedown I didn't have much time to feed them while holding it up and keeping them in. So I just gave them the huge Tupperware container that holds their lab blocks.

Elphie dragged the ENTIRE BOTTOM BLANKET up the stairs and made every effort to cover the tub. Burying her food! I so wish I had a camera, she did such a nice job!

The blankets don't absorb well though. o_O I miss using the litter as the cage seems to be stinkier a little sooner.
LOL! That reminds me of Starla when she used everything possible to cover her litter of babies.

The towels absorbed well as long as you have a layer of towel at the bottom and a layer or 2 of fleece... but I think I already said that so just ignore me if I'm saying it again, lol.

Oh it bears repeating :D My memory is shot, lol.

Grace never cared when I handled her babies, she'd always make a run for it after the first day the were born, to go exploring. I don't think she liked being a mother!

Bronwyn said:
Oh it bears repeating :D My memory is shot, lol.

Grace never cared when I handled her babies, she'd always make a run for it after the first day the were born, to go exploring. I don't think she liked being a mother!
She didn't mind me touching them either, I think she was relieved when I took them out. She was just weird.

Lol! Well, if I ever have a kid I'll probably understand. But from our perspective, how could anyone want to be away from the wittle sweetums? :shock:

Here's a random thought...does Dollerama carry towels? I just wonder if I should pack some, lol.

Bronwyn said:
Lol! Well, if I ever have a kid I'll probably understand. But from our perspective, how could anyone want to be away from the wittle sweetums? :shock:

Here's a random thought...does Dollerama carry towels? I just wonder if I should pack some, lol.
Your better off going to walmart, zellers or a 2nd hand store for a decent quality

I always take a blanket and put it in their bed for them. But I bought a wooden house and I think Hazel or Ruby grabbed the blanket and pulled it into the house to sleep on... Although they decided they like to sleep on shavings. They brought shavings from the bottom and put them in their bed though LOL.

I've learned about this extra blanket/towel thing! I've yet to find fleece here in Guelph, checked 3 Dollar Stores so far, but I've done well with towels from Zellers. Oh and hammock material. :) They've yet to understand the point of the hamster ball though :( I bought a face cloth yesterday that hopefully will encourage them to nest in it.

Back