ARG!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're probably right :( She thought my buying an FN was ridiculous to begin with. So I just reguritated stuff I learned from you guys and she completely bent to whatever I said from then on.

She also said ferrets don't chew. Um.

Melissa said:
Bronwyn said:
The ladder extends downwards or something so there's no hole, only in the plastic tray (above the wire floor) which is alright in terms of keeping them in the cage. But yeah this has to be returned.

Maybe this is her revenge from me correcting her about pine shavings and appropriate food for rats the last time I was in there (a few days ago).
Ok, I understand now. I guess you need to swap it for the bottom one if your parents will do that for you.

I wish I had a car I would totally help you!

:grouphug:

You guys are awesome. My first thought when this all started was, "The Rat Shack will understand!!"

Bronwyn said:
Melissa said:
Bronwyn said:
The ladder extends downwards or something so there's no hole, only in the plastic tray (above the wire floor) which is alright in terms of keeping them in the cage. But yeah this has to be returned.

Maybe this is her revenge from me correcting her about pine shavings and appropriate food for rats the last time I was in there (a few days ago).
Ok, I understand now. I guess you need to swap it for the bottom one if your parents will do that for you.

I wish I had a car I would totally help you!

:grouphug:

You guys are awesome. My first thought when this all started was, "The Rat Shack will understand!!"

LOL... and totally share in your dilemma and exasperation.

I'd be lost without you all, really!

My dad's allowing extra time so that I can drive over to PJ's and replace it. Now if only I could fit it all back in the box. :gaah: Not to mention this is really freaking heavy and awkward to carry.

Bronwyn said:
I'd be lost without you all, really!

My dad's allowing extra time so that I can drive over to PJ's and replace it. Now if only I could fit it all back in the box. :gaah: Not to mention this is really freaking heavy and awkward to carry.
That is so good! Just shove it in the box the best you can. It's up to PJ's to get it back in the right order since they told you to get the wrong one...

I'm [ ] this close to just putting up my girls for adoption. My parents are just beyond freaking ridiculous! I can't even show you what their cages are like right now.

:(
Tell your parents you need them because they will help reduce your stress when at school but your stress level will be high if they are not in a good cage.

Speaking of your girls and the FN, are you sure they won't go through the bars? Since the little girls already like to escape and go exploring, I think they will be able to squeeze through the bars.

That was so back and forth. We got it back in the car and then my dad decided it was silly to do. It was....frustrating shall we say? Eventually though they gave in. Cancelled their appointment in Newmarket which was nice of them.

PJ's fortunately had a manager on hand. I was really upset about the whole thing because of the emotional stress that had been going on at home about this stupid cage issue but focused on their employee who sold it to me. I didn't ask for the girls to eat the cage. I was very clear in why we were returning it and as a result we got 10% off the base version...doesn't sound like much but it went from 215 to 193.

And the employee who sold it to me (the add-on) had the nerve to say I had no idea what I was talking about, that there was a lid. I just turned my back on her and loaded up the new cage. Just...too much in one day!

Photo70.jpg

So there we are! I'm terrified they're going to fit through the bars, yes. Oh, and let it be noted that the bulk of their toys are in Guelph so that will be filled.

Oh, and yes I know the doors are upsidedown ;) It was just really hard to put together on my own so I don't even care right now! Particularly since I have to take it apart in a few days to move it.

I started out laughing your first post :oops:
But now I'm feeling pretty bad for what you've gone thru. I hope the smug little buggers are happy.

Lol! I can laugh now. :lol: At the time it was more like, "OHMYGODWHATAREYOUGUYSDOING?!?!" I almost went back to sleep after seeing Elphie cuddled under my arm! She's a good snuggler. Brie was eager to jump on the bed to...just bounded off the dresser as if to say, "hey what are you guys doing? Can I play?"

Now we have to hope they can't get through the bars and I end up sharing my bed again tonight!

OMG Bron, I totally missed this whole thread. I am so sorry to hear what you have done through.

A little antidote. Ruby and Hazel don't chew but I have noticed that Lily is a big chewer. So I am definately going to keep an eye on the plastic bottom to my cage. Anyways Wayne has a board he keeps for playing cards. It has a felt cover on it. Well it's been beside the cage for a while and Ruby & Hazel have never touched it. Late last week he found the corner all chewed... I suspect Lily. Teaches Wayne to not leave it so close to the cage. The bits she chewed off (just the fabric) were then put in their bed. And it's not as if I don't give them bedding, they just decide they want to throw it out of the bed.

I sincerely hope your chewing brats know how lucky they are to have such a wonderful owner and a wonderful new MANSION... HEHEHE

:hugs:

I am thrilled to finally give them the home they deserve, I only wish it had gone to plan and I would have bought it in Guelph so that I wouldn't have to build it (stressful!) and take it apart and move it.

The tray is certainly something I'm worried about...these two are the biggest chewers I've ever owned! Well one of them is, lol. Can the trays be replaced? And do we just pad them with fabric and hope they won't chew it?

Melissa, this is a much better deal:

See http://www.ferret.com

If your order the cages from them, check out the hammocks first ... really great deals. If you can get it shipped to a store or mailing address in the USA and then go pick it up, the shipping is really great too.

Bronwyn said:
:hugs:

I am thrilled to finally give them the home they deserve, I only wish it had gone to plan and I would have bought it in Guelph so that I wouldn't have to build it (stressful!) and take it apart and move it.

The tray is certainly something I'm worried about...these two are the biggest chewers I've ever owned! Well one of them is, lol. Can the trays be replaced? And do we just pad them with fabric and hope they won't chew it?
I put fleece over mine and so far so good. I put a layer of towel under the fleece as well and use large binder clips from the dollarama to keep them on

Great idea! Can I ask how long this takes you until you need to clean it? I'm thinking handwashing will be easier but...not sure ;)

p.s. This cage is a monstrosity. I can't get used to it, lol!

Back