apt management comp. doesn't like rats - I'm moved, sort of

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks ....

on the positive side - I'm already packed

July17livingroom1.jpg

July17kitchen.jpg

July17bedroom.jpg

July17bedroom2.jpg

(didn't have time to unpack before the cig smoke became an issue)

you would never think there was a smoke and flea problem there. Aside from the unpacking issue the place looks very clean and presentable. I hope things can be ironed out soon.

isn't it driving you insane?

my bedroom looks exactly the same at the minute. Its coming on 6 months since ive moved back into my mothers house, and my belongings are still in boxes, scattered mostly under my bed (patrick's new favourite place in the world :doh: ... he is probably chewing my books to bits), behind and around two sides of my bed, in my wardrobe, and in two spare bedrooms.

every single day i want to rip my hair out about it

ryelle said:
isn't it driving you insane?

It sure is!!!!!

Can't wait to get settled somewhere.
I will not be able to unpack everything but can't wait to find my dishes (of course the rat dishes were open and being used immediately :thumbup: ), pots and pans, etc.

As for the possible flea problem ... it is possible that the last tenant had a cat.
Haven't seen any fleas so could be babies hatching.

Finally got up my courage and notified the apt company about the problem.
Talking to them again in the morning.
Did not mention the possible hatchlings as I haven't felt anything biting in a couple of days ... and because I'm afraid they will just blame the ratties.

Back in the day, we had cats that went outside before smartening up and keeping them indoors only, we had constant flea problems but what seem to work great for us was putting down salt everywhere, waiting about 30 minutes and doing a complete vacuuming of everything, baseboards especially.

jorats said:
Back in the day, we had cats that went outside before smartening up and keeping them indoors only, we had constant flea problems but what seem to work great for us was putting down salt everywhere, waiting about 30 minutes and doing a complete vacuuming of everything, baseboards especially.
I am going to try this! We've got a bit of flea issue, mostly in the summer. Last year they sprayed the apt below us but not ours and it lessened a lot! but this sounds great!

Zooy said:
jorats said:
I am going to try this! We've got a bit of flea issue, mostly in the summer. Last year they sprayed the apt below us but not ours and it lessened a lot! but this sounds great!

It always worked every time...never used any pesticides. :thumbup:

Since you haven't seen anything after more than a week, I don't think it's fleas. You might have been reacting to the paint fumes or the chemicals used to clean the carpet, along with the cig smoke in the hallway. Hope it is getting better day by day.

Back