Another dump of snow! new photo added

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Godmother, your hubby is a brave soul to go out in that!

My landlord say he has no idea where to put all the snow but he did manage to help me dig out my car! I'm trying to remember the last time I've seen to much snow in Fredericton....

geeze you guys can have it! is there a good way to ship over snow? my driveway is plowed now and i STILL cant get in it because of the loose snow at the bottom that is covering a good solid sheet of ice... a truck came into the yard yesterday and got stuck. the way he was sliding down i had to move my car out of the drive way so he could get out, this was before the place was plowed... but he had turned up a lot of snow and it was light so we thought to just move the car, kevin had dug out the front some. yeah.... an hour later we finally manage to get the car turned to face the driveway entrence. another half hour and a lot of pushing my car finally gets to the road....

well i had to get my brakes done for inspection anyway... stopped it at the garage for the day for that. when i got it back the driveway was plowed, but try as i might i could not get back in that drive way... stupid slippery snow. first attempt got me dragged into a snow bank. got that out then because of the ice it was trying to drag me into the snow bank on the side of the entrance... would not turn so i could get the butt end of my car out. a nice stranger stopped and kevin got back from his parent's at just the right time and for the next 20 minutes or so the three of us worked on pushing the back end of my car around...

i tried a couple times after that to rush the drive to get to my spot but slippery road wouldn't give me the turn i needed to get in or run.... i ended up parking on the side of the road.... i can only imagine how buried in i am now.... i have windows that face the street but i can't actually see through them for the ice coating them....

so yeah, you want that snow? you are more then welcome to have it! perhaps your can convince your city council that it would be good for tourism, and they'll ship it over for you... then maybe they will actually plow the sidewalks! or have the money to put down sand! or plow the lesser used city streets instead of only the main ones. but because of the mild winters the last few years guess what budget they have reduced.... we MIGHT have sidewalks this time next week, but they will be full of ice and no salt or sand or gravel down to help against that...

gad, i hate winter.... the snow can go away now please.

I normally love winter but I am tired of it now......We didn't get all that nice fluffy snow this time...we still have lots but we got rain so everything is now sheets of ice.....If we all took up skating we would be very happy....

:shock: Godmother! It looks like youve just cut a pathway in some massive Polystyrene thats in your garden! Im with Cotton+Lycra - BRING US SOME PPLLLEAAZZEEE :joy: (*thinking... we may need to get together and make a surprise trip over to Canada*)

England was complaining (not me, i went out and made a snowman... i got a pic somewhere...) about a foot of snow that fell the other week - some places it wasnt even a foot! The southerner's can't handle any weather lol! Im from the North-East England and we get snow pretty much every year and it rains the rest of the year. The Southern half only get snow very rarely!

Our Snowman (you can see my brother with it - my brother is 6foot 2")

n508752695_1317553_9903.jpg

As you can see - thats about as bad as our snow gets here. I bet you Canadians are jelous of that, hey?

jorats said:
I need to move to England.

Yup, I think I'll start packing now for England. There were very few places to park at work this morning because of the snow banks. There will still be snow on the ground come June. :sad3:

ryelle said:
:shock: Godmother! It looks like youve just cut a pathway in some massive Polystyrene thats in your garden! Im with Cotton+Lycra - BRING US SOME PPLLLEAAZZEEE :joy: (*thinking... we may need to get together and make a surprise trip over to Canada*)

England was complaining (not me, i went out and made a snowman... i got a pic somewhere...) about a foot of snow that fell the other week - some places it wasnt even a foot! The southerner's can't handle any weather lol! Im from the North-East England and we get snow pretty much every year and it rains the rest of the year. The Southern half only get snow very rarely!

Our Snowman (you can see my brother with it - my brother is 6foot 2")

n508752695_1317553_9903.jpg

As you can see - thats about as bad as our snow gets here. I bet you Canadians are jelous of that, hey?

Im from Southend, we got one day of snow, ONE DAY!!!!!! It was the heaviest snow i have ever been in, it went up to my ankle!!!!

We get snow so rarely its unfair! Wakering, about a 1/2 mile from my house got snow almost up to their knees and for 3 days... i was soooooo jealous.
ok now im babbling and depressing myself...

to your ankle!!! oh how i wish! we have snow banks here well over my head!

so i took the car off the road to sit in the parking lot at work, after circling a while i just made up my own spot! :p when i get back, the side of the road that i had parked the night before was plowed over.... i still can't get into my drive way, i found out that the snow broke the plow which is why there is still all that loose snow... so i had to park around the block. i'm pretty sure i stole someone's spot.... but the road is public property so they can't tow it at least. i just hope that i won't run into the normal parker in the morning.... god i don't know what i am going to do with the car.... i hear we're to get rain soon now, which will melt SOME of the snow but it will also turn to ice and make removing it and widing the roads back up difficult.

it took me half an hour! half an HOUR people to drive my son the 5 minute drive to school in the morning.... all the non main roads are now one way but there is no one deciding what way that is supposed to be.... oh, and guess what is broke on my car now!? yep! the traction control!! bloody faulty sensor!!! *concentrates on breathing* ok... better... you now. if i had i snow blower i would be seriously tempted to take it to the roads around here.... then charge the gas bill to the city! maybe i can borrow a couple of my mother's horses and make a plow like they used back during the world wars.... at least then we could have sidewalks...

*cries* snow snow go away, come back some other day, raven wants to go and park in her driveway!! *sob*

Aw Raven I feel your pain, There is an ice spot right at the end of my driveway that every car gets stuck in. It took forever to get unstuck the other day. my landlord is supposed to remove snow but when the new people moved in upstaires he decided to make that part of their deal, that they are responsible for snow removal, which they don't do a good job of, but i can't get mad at them because they are not my landlord and blah. 7 degrees and rain on Friday. thank gad.

Well, RatsForever & I will make the best of it and go snowshoeing! The snow sure makes things grind to a halt, but it is beautiful to look at. Only problem is.... I got a bicycle for Christmas!! I've been wanting it for a couple of years, and I was so excited. The box is sitting in the living room, waiting for the snow to melt.... :( I don't think I'll get to try it out for a while.

:wow2: That is a lot of snow. As much as I wouldn't mind a decent dump of snow, I don't want that much, the farmers would all be going :rant: . I would send you some summer weather but we haven't had much of that lately. Ten days of overcast weather and two days of rain and then we got a frost :rant: You NOT surpose to get frosts in February, :gaah: but at least we got a sunny day from it :)

Apparently it's our turn to get a dumping. We are in a winter storm warning for tomorrow. Yippee, just in time for the weekend.

---20 to 30 cm of snow
---60 to 70 km winds
---bitterly cold temperatures

Fun... oh and just before all that snow, we are getting freezing rain. It just keeps getting better and better. :cry4:

Back