Another dump of snow! new photo added

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

Wow, did we get a dump of snow. This was the worst storm for a long time. Today there were a lot of nurses who could not get in to work at the hospital; that is the first time it's happened in the time I have been here.

I actually love the snow, and I hope I'll get a chance to get out my snowshoes, but it makes getting around very difficult. When I get a chance I should post a photo of my husband snow-blowing the driveway.

I got up extra early so I could make it to work safely and then I receive a phone call from my boss telling me not to come in - everything is closed! My work never closes. They even took the city buses off the road which also never happens.

An extra with my rats, I'm not complaining!

This is what I found when I opened my door
Snow is still falling

n121403666_32451337_5629.jpg

OMG!! Chel, is that a drift or the actual amount of snow that has fallen overnight?
We've been having a snow storm bascially since last Thursday but not enough to close anything. Today, we have sunshine finally!
I always find it very depressing when we get snow storms so close to March. I know... I'm deluding myself. We get snow till May. :cry4:

WOW!! and i thought the snow in saint john was bad! we have some major snow banks for the city, especially after the last couple of years where it was so mild here, but man! takes a picture like that to remind you how little snow saint john actually gets in compared to places further inland like fredericton.

Wow, Chel!!! That's like our place.... :shock:

It's all new snow, and it has started again! I have never seen the city shut down like this before. I tried to call in to work, but only got the answering machine, so I don't think they got in either.

For me it is a blessing in disguise. I got some extra sleep, my husband avoided a trip out of town on some bad roads, and I will get some upper-body exercise when I go out to tackle the back deck (snow about 3' deep). I can do some work from home afterwards and get some rat laundry in the washer... praying that we don't get a power failure.

Ryelle, I would love to ski to work... but it is 20 km! It will be a while before I get back into shape enough to do that. But I think that I will put on my snowshoes and walk around the neighbourhood.

I laughed at the imprint of the door in the snow. I find it mad that you can actually open your door and all the snow doesnt come poaring inside. Itd be a pain to clean ><

cool !!!!
That is why I came back to Halifax late Sat night .... the snow was suposed to start in NB yesterday afternoon.

That looks like normal Fredericton snow from the early 90s and earlier ... normal snowfall from when I was growing up ... :thumbup: Been way too mild and not enough snow for a long time ... thought it was due to the climate changing ....

Wish I was there :D

SQ said

Well, I wish you were here, too!!! You could help me clear the deck :whip: and I would feed you some French toast with cottage cheese & yogurt & maple syrup... washed down with a gallon of coffee. Then we could play with the rats. :D

Scotty, could you beam her over here for the day???

Godmother said:
SQ said

Well, I wish you were here, too!!! You could help me clear the deck :whip: and I would feed you some French toast with cottage cheese & yogurt & maple syrup... washed down with a gallon of coffee. Then we could play with the rats. :D

Scotty, could you beam her over here for the day???

I wish !!! :D
Much more fun to shovel with a friend.

Hope you can dig out my 1 section FN on your back porch ... LOL
Happy shoveling :thumbup:

Hubby just informed me that you guys are getting a weather bomb. It's when barometric pressure falls 24 millibars or more in a 24 hour period. Ya, he's a weather nut. :giggle:

i thought it was a drift but the entire path to my door is like that, we got two cars stuck in the driveway and were shoveling (3 people) for like an hour and a half! Stupid snow, it was actaully more work than going to school, although I don't go on Mondays anyway so its like a double bummer!!!

I just came in from a 1 1/2 hour shovelling fest. I got the top 3 to 3 1/2 feet of snow off the deck, and all of it off the steps, but I finally called it quits. There is still a good foot of the previous snowfall on the deck. It's heavier and a bit crusty, and there is really nowhere else to throw it!

.... and it is still snowing!!! Weather bomb is a good word for it. Even my hairdresser could not make it in to work (I am desperate for a cut & colour, but it will have to wait until Wednesday). When RatsForever said that the universities were closed, I knew it was going to be a BAAAAAD storm.

The rats must have been brainwashing me. Although it doesn't hurt anything to have a lot of snow on the deck, I thought it would be better to have an exit at the back of the house. All those chewed hammocks have taught me something!

Godmother said:
The rats must have been brainwashing me. Although it doesn't hurt anything to have a lot of snow on the deck, I thought it would be better to have an exit at the back of the house. All those chewed hammocks have taught me something!

:laugh4:

Here is the radar view of New Brunswick. http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/radar/in ... tml?id=XNC
The storm is swirling around, not moving onward. Hubby said that the air pressure is starting to go up again, though.

ETA: cotton+lycra, the chicken would really get the third degree if s/he went to cross the road today: "Why on earth are you even out in this? Go lay an egg or something". The chicken would probably have to burrow out a tunnel across the road, actually.

jorats said:
Hubby just informed me that you guys are getting a weather bomb. It's when barometric pressure falls 24 millibars or more in a 24 hour period. Ya, he's a weather nut. :giggle:

Oh yeah, it's a bomb alright!! I use to have a black car...somewhere in the parking lot.

Chel, the picture is pretty cool!

Back