Animals are not disposable OR recyclable(almost 8 weeks old)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My three babiea re doing excellent! 5 and a half weeks old and right onto the solids silly little kittens. They still get 4 bottles a day though. Im headed to NB tomorrow so they are staying with my parents and I am a nervous WRECK.

On another front however I have a four day old female kitten in my living room. Another poor lost little soul. I can't keep her so she too is being delivered to Inge Sadler of Pick Of The Litter. I have had her since 10 am though, and she is the sweetest little thing. All black and looks liek a tiny teddy bear. I can't beleive mine were that small when I got them. She fits in my hand and her head is smaller than a golf ball! Hope this little one makes it...That is 10 kittens in just over a month....

WOW..you are amazing! I have just read your entire story!
WHat you are doing for these babies is wonderful! They are so lucky to have you!
You must be so attached to them, and them to you!
Are you keeping all of them????

I am keeping Jack, the runt male. Me and my boyfriend have two cats already, and my girl Piper doesn't tolerate females which means I can't keep any of the girls. I would keep them all if I could, trust me. My parents are goign to adopt Sophie and maybe Lexi, and they will be an amazing home as well, though I can't say I won't be sad to see them go. I am already attached the 4 day old baby here! I feel terrible because the rescue she is going to is ovverrun with kittens...20(soon to be 21) under the age of two weeks, but I can't keep her because I am leaving province. There is just so much need and not enough places for stray animals to go...:(

My trio of beautiful babies are doing wonderfully! My mother adopted Sophie, my sister adopted Lexi and I adopted little Jack the runt of the litter. All the babies are almost 8 weeks old! I can't beleive how fast time has gone by. My little Jack is a character, so very friendly, the friendliest kitten ive ever encountered. He has a tiny harness and leash and he will follow behind me like a little puupy, sleeps curled up in my arms on the bus and knows no fear of anything(dont worry he is indoors only except on leash!). He is small for his age, but considering he was the run of the litter, bottle raised and deathly ill for a week at a critical point in development the fact that he is alive let alone thriving like he is, is a tiny miracle. He is gaining right on track, he is just smaller than average. So, a few pictures of baby Jack:
4921_107824849584_506459584_1975499.jpg

Newborn jack(less than one week old)

4921_107824964584_506459584_1975516.jpg

Baby Jack just short of 2 weeks

6169_105981082690_590332690_2626086.jpg

3 week old baby Jack

5889_113980527690_590332690_2761519.jpg

6 week old baby Jack

IMG_4568.jpg

Baby jack just short of 8 weeks next to a juicebox for comparision.

Sorry I am missing weeks 4 and 5. I actually didn't take the 3 week old baby picture either. Those were hard times but the little tykes rallied and are doing amazing!

Jack looks so cute....You did an amazing job. I know what you mean about kittens...we have so many at the shelter.....I have had so many fosters.....right now I have two little 6 week old girls....little tabbies like your Jack.. :heart:

I am so thsnkful that there are people as amazing as you in this world! I am so heartbroken for your loss, it brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy to see these 3 doing so great though. Jack is a beautiful little boy!!

Your Jack looks so much like my little Bucky...

I rescued about a month ago a momma and litter of 3 kittens, all we're going to be put to sleep. They're 9 weeks old tomorrow, and two are going home... but Bucky is staying with me :)

IMG_0911.jpg

Congratulations Breakthenight and kittens for getting this far :D You have truely done an amazing job and are such a wonderful and amazing person for going through all this and finding them wonderful homes.

your story is beautiful! im sorry for your loses and struggles along the way.
who ever said to not get attached to the lives your raising has obviously never done it.
you cant help but give your hearts to them when all they do is love you.

and as for the stories of abandoned kittens it makes me sick how cruel we can be. ive always said the human race is just a giant virus!
the cold heartedness of the world kills me its so nice to see that there are still some of us who care.
xx

Back