Albert gets a home!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jorats said:
Is it wrong for me to be SUPER EXCITED about this? :happydance:

I think quarantine in the same room is fine.

No Jo... it is just fine for you to be SUPER EXCITED about this!!!! :happydance:

My chances look really good for both boys. If it doesn't pan then, at least, I have the comfort of knowing that the respective shelters are really looking out for the animals' well being!!!!

Those boys will have it good no matter where they go! I don't want to depend too heavily on my gut instinct but I have a feeling that I will have two more little fuzz butts within the next week. :wink:

Heck... at least we're having a great time contemplating the possible arrival of two gorgeous little rat men!!! :banana:

Dude.... I'm going to have one full bedroom with TWO cages in it!!! :shock: :laugh4:

mamarat said:
I am so excited for you. I would quarantine them in the same room. Can't wait to find out if both boys are coming to you, lucky sweeties. :happydance: :joy:

Thanks mamarat!!! It is exciting!!! I will keep everyone updated on how things progress.

They are such beautiful boys!!!! I worry more about Roquefort than I do about Albert. Albert is with a rat lover but Roquefort is in a cage in a room full of cats, rabbits and hamsters. Fortunately, Roquefort's cage is a good size but he is alone in there and does not see alot of attention.

He looks like he is about 3-4 months old. I do not want him to become desocialized, lonely or stressed. I bug the Montgomery County Shelter on, practically, a daily basis because I want them to MOVE with getting my application processed. The sooner I have that little guy... the better for him. :love6:

Awwww it seems Albert really was destined for you. :D I didn't expect that bit of news! I wonder, perhaps, if it's Roquefort that was meant to come to you. Without the mistake the shelter made, you never would have found him...:)

My mind goes weird places. Anyway, I'm happy everything worked out for everyone! :D

I just read this. What a roller coaster for you! If they knew you they'd have given you their whole supply of ratties immediately.

Anyway I am confident that you will soon have those two sweet ratty boys in your home. Looking forward to photos of Roquefort.

Woohoo, this is great news!! For you Jen, and for the 2 lucky little ratboys!!!

What Bron said, does click with me too. Albert was destined to be yours, but there had to be a glitch since Roque is in a worse place and needed you to find him too. :D

Awwww, I am soo pleased! Both boys in one room should be fine. Technically Roque is QT'd already since there aren't any rats there and hopefully the workers don't have rats either. :)

Bronwyn said:
Awwww it seems Albert really was destined for you. :D I didn't expect that bit of news! I wonder, perhaps, if it's Roquefort that was meant to come to you. Without the mistake the shelter made, you never would have found him...:)

My mind goes weird places. Anyway, I'm happy everything worked out for everyone! :D

Thanks Bron!!! :hugs:

HEY.... your mind doesn't go "weird places"! I had the same ideas about Roquefort that you did!

I am still waiting to hear from both shelters. I am hopeful to hear from Fairfax County either this afternoon or tomorrow. I will call them both tomorrow afternoon if I haven't heard from them by then.

I understand that they are inundated with dog and cat adoptions but I won't let them let my rats fall through the cracks! :scolding:

Godmother said:
I just read this. What a roller coaster for you! If they knew you they'd have given you their whole supply of ratties immediately.

Anyway I am confident that you will soon have those two sweet ratty boys in your home. Looking forward to photos of Roquefort.

Yes Godmother, it is a rollercoaster ride... but I love rollercoasters so this ride is actually one of the fun ones! :banana:

I hope you are right that I will soon have my boys. I want to get Roquefort out of there. Albert, at least, has indirect rattie company but Roquefort is completely on his own. :(

You can be sure of pictures! Lord, I will have to get my hands on a digital camera!!! :wink:

lilspaz68 said:
Woohoo, this is great news!! For you Jen, and for the 2 lucky little ratboys!!!

What Bron said, does click with me too. Albert was destined to be yours, but there had to be a glitch since Roque is in a worse place and needed you to find him too. :D

Awwww, I am soo pleased! Both boys in one room should be fine. Technically Roque is QT'd already since there aren't any rats there and hopefully the workers don't have rats either. :)

Thank God I can keep them in the same room!!! Thanks Shelagh!!!! I don't think anyone at the Montgomery County Animal Shelter would have rats at home because no one there had a CLUE about rats! They didn't even know if Roquefort was a male or a female!

I just did the unthinkable (typical for me...); Even though I don't even know if I will get either of them.... I just went back to Martin's cages and bought a SECOND barn travel cage!!! :shock:

It just wouldn't be fair to keep Roquefort in my cheap, petsmart, rabbit cage when Albert is "kinging" it up in his Martin's! The rabbit cage will go to Goodwill (unless someone here could use it; let me know!) and any, potential, incoming rats will have a Martin's to lounge in.

I think I'm covered. I have the ferret carrier, the rat skyscraper and 2 ferret barn travelers.

Now all I need is one water bottle, one food dish and my BOYS!!!!! :bananas:

lilspaz68 said:
Tell us as soon as you hear any scrap of information?? Pulleeease??? :nod:

Had a voicemail from Rebecca... I meet Albert on Saturday morning and can do the adoption process from there.

I called her back and left a voicemail saying that, from the way she worded her message, it sounded as if I would be able to take Albert home, with me, on Saturday. I asked her to contact me if this was incorrect and have heard nothing.

Whatever the case; I get to fuzz the little furmel on Saturday morning and talk with Lisa, his foster mom.

Thank God I am loving my new job or I would not know how to survive the next 2.5 days. :laugh4:

I will be contacting Montgomery County animal shelter tomorrow. I WANT MY LITTLE ROQUEFORT THIS WEEKEND TOO!!!!

The sooner I get them home; the sooner the quarantine ends and the sooner I can begin intros.

I'll keep you posted. :hugs: :heart: :rose: :love6: :love4:

JUST HAD THE INTERVIEW CALL WITH MONTGOMERY COUNTY ANIMAL SHELTER!!!!!!!! ROQUEFORT COMES HOME ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I have a feeling that Albert will beat Roquefort home on Saturday morning but I don't have the confirmation yet!!!!!

The woman told me that Roquefort was examined by their resident vet and they said he is neutered! HUH???? Is that possible? He had two little, pink, bags under his tail. Ben doesn't have that anymore. :confused:

I want the rat man so I didn't argue with my interviewer... I satisfied myself with the knowledge that I would come here and ask people who have a better understanding of rats. :wink:

Is it possible to remove the testicles from their little bags and leave the bags intact? Inquiring minds want to know! :D

Whatever the case; I don't care!!! My youngster is coming home and will not need to suffer the cramped quarters of the humane society.

Thank God my SECOND barn carrier arrived today! :nod:

:bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas:

YAY!!!! CongRATS!!! Woohoo!!!

About the sacs... mmm, there could be a wee something hanging but you really shouldn't feel anything in there if he is neutered.

Congratulations!!

I've only seen dog and cat neuters but the entire body of the testes are removed. You'll know by feeling, heh.

Thanks!!!! I've made it through half of my workday and will go home and "prep" the cages (which have been cleaned and are now drying in the bathroom. :wink:)!

The Montgomery County Humane Society have finally posted a picture of Roquefort. I finally figured out how to save the picture when the website won't let you! (I just sent the page to myself. :wink:

Here is, at least, the man's little face. :love4:

lilspaz68 said:
He is GORGEOUS!

Thanks Shelagh; he is a glorious, little, guy isn't he? :love6:

I just think he looks lonely and unhappy. I was told that I could have picked him up today but the cage isn't ready yet and the traffic on both I-66, in Virginia, and I-270, in Maryland, are catatrophic during Friday rush-hour.

I don't want to subject the poor baby to stop and go traffic in this heat! I worry about his psychological well being but I will work with him, extensively, once I get him home. :love6:

Back