Adella's Tumour Removal Today - GREAT Update :D

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad to hear Adella is doing well, and I hope Kieran will start to relax over the next day or so too.
They're sweeties. :nod:

Hurray she's home and doing ok!!!!! I'm sorry for your boy acting skitty, i hope he settles down too :(

On that note, I would like to inform everyone my Keiran is back!! He bounced and popcorned for me :joy:

I kept meaning to update but my brain is still sizzling and useless from the heat. My window A/C is really really trying but only putting a dent into it all.

Adella is in fantastic shape :) I'll give her metacam tomorrow but I don't see any signs of issues or pain. Its 2nd day which never looks as nice but it still is good :)

Well I have some crummy news to report.

Adella had swelling under the incision and I was hoping and hoping it was just a seroma or somethign like that. No it was instead the tumour recurring and FAST. I have left an update for my vet and if he wants me to bring her in I will, otherwise I will wait for a couple of weeks and take her in then. Sooo disappointed, she's very young for this. :sad3:

Oh no... :sad3: Poor baby... she just had it removed!!! So unfair when they get a second chance and the tumour grows back... hate it!

I hope for better news, like an abcess... but you would know the difference. :(

:rant: Those ****n tumors.. I Hate them!! :redhot:

Please give Adella lots of extra snuggles for me. I hope she will be able to live her life happily in any event.

:hugs: lilspaz..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *stomps* im so sorry! Gah how did it grow back? It's benine isn't it?? Gah did they miss a piece? GRRR STUPID TUMORS gah so sorry I hope she can hang in there :(

My guess is that it was a malignancy that had already spread. Once its in the lymph nodes you are basically screwed with the ratties.
Dr Munn left a message saying it was in a very difficult place and that there's sadly no point in thinking of another surgery for her, but I knew that already. Its bigger than a kidney bean right now.

I'm so so so sorry Lilspaz :( how long does she have? Poor baby girl, i hope she enjoys what time she has left.

EDK said:
I'm so so so sorry Lilspaz :( how long does she have? Poor baby girl, i hope she enjoys what time she has left.

It all depends on how fast it grows and if it becomes invasive. We wait and I watch and feel. She's happy right now and that's all that matters :D

Back