Abscess, tumor, cyst or something else?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so glad that she made it through the surgery OK. :)
Does your vet think he got all of the tumors?

I have never heard of Endotorb. What is the generic name for the drug?
If the drug is a narcotic, then some rats exhibit pica behaviors and will pick at their incisions. NSAIDs don't seem to cause the same problem.

I usually put my rats back in the cage the same day, as long as they have recovered from the anaesthetic. I haven't had any problems with other rats picking at the incision. They usually want to sniff it, but leave it alone otherwise.

lol. sorry, I forgot to clarify that it's Torbutrol. I believe my the said it's actually a mix of Torbutrol & Endosorb, but when I asked for the specific concentration they said it's 2mg/mL for the Torbutrol.

Does Torbutrol cause the pica behavior (is that what I'm seeing when Gizmo is currently gnawing the bars of the cage?)

Yeah, I would be cautious using that drug as it is a narcotic. I have not had any experience with those types of drugs, but others on the Shack have, and some have been quite messy (big incisions opened up...) Maybe check with Jorats or Lilspaz?

Maybe you could ask your vet if there is a particular reason why you couldn't use Metacam instead?

Back