A lesson learned the hard way baby picture heavy day 30 up

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I am very tempted.....I really like the two fawn hooded boys......the dark capped one are cute to.....Can I have a few more pictures please?

I'll have some day 13 pics up soon with individuals of the boys for ya :thumbup:

jorats said:
Ewa said:
And I don't see why anyone would have negative comments , this happens to so many people ,

Accidental litters are happening way too much and that's why there would be negative comments. People who keep intact males and females in the same home are just asking for trouble.

I really do wish people would learn from these postings... but sadly it doesn't seem to be the case. Everyone has a mindset of "oh that won't happen here"... and then a few months later... :wallbang:

At least with Linds and Ang, they've done the right thing and neuter their boys. They've taken steps to assure this accident will never happen again. :thumbup:

In general,
Accidental litters happen because people do not know enough about rats or because they are careless and irresponsible. It is very, very rare for an accidental litter to really be an accident. The rescue community allows people one mistake, a second mistake is not considered an accident because people are expected to learn from the first one.

As jorats said, "accidental litters are happening way too much".
This can be very frustrating and hard, especially when there are so many rats in need of good homes as well as other accidental litters and pet store surprise litters in need of good homes, all in the same area .... so many innocent little ratties in need of good homes that just do not exist :sad3:

As I said, the above is general information not a comment on any specific situation.

jorats said:
Ewa said:
And I don't see why anyone would have negative comments , this happens to so many people ,

Accidental litters are happening way too much and that's why there would be negative comments. People who keep intact males and females in the same home are just asking for trouble.

I really do wish people would learn from these postings... but sadly it doesn't seem to be the case. Everyone has a mindset of "oh that won't happen here"... and then a few months later... :wallbang:

At least with Linds and Ang, they've done the right thing and neuter their boys. They've taken steps to assure this accident will never happen again. :thumbup:
I totally agree! If this had happened while they had no plans of neutering, it would have been much more frustrating. But lindsay is clearly a good rat mommy and had planned to get the boys done asap. :)

The babies and mommy are so gorgeous, I want every one of them haha. Luckily I live on the other side of Canada.

I am so excited!!!!!!!!! They opened their eyes today!! :joy: There are two or three that haven't opened them yet but the rest were opening their eyes. I think the light kids have ruby eyes! I also noticed something very interesting I think one of the girls may have started ears. What are the odds? One started ear out of 8 wow. You'll have to judge her picture but to me they look started.

So here's the picture dump lol theres' lots! There's some kids that have more pics then others because some have ants in their pants and won't sit still lol

The Girls

This little girl has such cute baby rolls! :heart:
littlegirl.jpg

Little girl one
littlegirlone5.jpg

Little girl one
littlegirlone4.jpg

Little girl one
littlegirlone.jpg

Little girl two
littlegirltwo.jpg

Little girl two
littlegirltwo2.jpg

Little girl two Does she look like she has Standard ears?
littlegirltwo5.jpg

Little girl two
littlegirltwo5-1.jpg

Little girl three
littlegirlthree5.jpg

Little girl three ( for some reason his markings remind of my Free Willy lol)
littlegirlthree4.jpg

Little girl three
littlegirlthree.jpg

Little girl four
littlegirlfour4.jpg

Little girl four
littlegirlfour3.jpg

Little girl four
littlegirlfour2.jpg

Little girl four
littlegirlfour.jpg

The boys

Little boy one
littleboyone4.jpg

Little boy one
littleboyone3.jpg

Little boy one
littleboyone.jpg

Little boy two
littleboytwo4.jpg

Little boy two
littleboytwo3.jpg

Little boy two
littleboytwo.jpg

Little boy three
littleboythree4.jpg

Little boy three
littleboythree3.jpg

Little boy three
littleboythree2.jpg

Little boy four (boys three and four have very close markings lol so I dunno if I got some of the pics mixed up)
littleboyfour3.jpg

Little boy four
littleboyfour2.jpg

Little boy four
littleboyfour.jpg

hermionefeedin3.jpg

DSCF0065-2.jpg

lol I'm pretty sure this is one of the boys
DSCF0035-3.jpg

:heart: :heart: They are so cute......Little girl # 2 does look standard..... thought when I looked at the video one was a standard standard......but it is hard to tell from some of the pictures.
They sure our beautiful chubby looking babies. Do any have wavy whiskers???

Not that I can tell. Would they show as being Rex right away or would they develop into that a bit later? I'll have to give them a good look over again to see if I can tell lol
I don't think any of the other kids have standard ears that i could notice. They're all so cute though. They're so fun to watch.

I'll have a video up soon of the boys. photobucket takes forever!

lindsayfawn said:

Not that I can tell. Would they show as being Rex right away or would they develop into that a bit later? I'll have to give them a good look over again to see if I can tell lol
I don't think any of the other kids have standard ears that i could notice. They're all so cute though. They're so fun to watch.

I'll have a video up soon of the boys. photobucket takes forever!
They would have curly whiskers almost immidetly. So if none have any yet, then no rexxies!

henry's_mum said:
it's good to hear that the boys were neutered girls!
They are cute little accidents, aren't they?

Boys 2, and 4 would be mine in a heartbeat...
:wink2:

Are you trying to help me decide. :lol:
I really love Boy #1. He is so cute....but then look at boy #2 and he is a cutie as well......both dark headed boys are cute and I love girl # 4....she is stunning!!!!!

Dahlas said:
henry's_mum said:
it's good to hear that the boys were neutered girls!
They are cute little accidents, aren't they?

Boys 2, and 4 would be mine in a heartbeat...
:wink2:

I really love Boy #1. He is so cute....but then look at boy #2 and he is a cutie as well......both dark headed boys are cute and I love girl # 4....she is stunning!!!!!
:nod:

Geez, Hermione & Tiberious look so innocent of any wrong-doing in those first pictures.. oh wait - maybe that's an 'I'm sorry' look. :D
Good warning about how easy it is for 'accidents' (sorry little ones) to happen with unfixed kids in the same postal code with no walls of steel between them. If it can happen to you it can happen to anyone.

I think criticism is not so much about that we do, but what our intentions & efforts are and that's why newbies get it hard sometimes someplaces while people who are known to be doing the best they can don't get it so hard. I do remember being new on boards and thinking I could do no right while the longtime members could do no wrong. Didn't understand then that members were familiar with their known peoples histories, intentions & efforts for the kid's sakes, but hadn't a clue about me or where the kids stood in my list of priorities. Or whether my 'accidental' litter was truly accidental.
So I know your little accidents are no more precious than any others, but their human-folk are more innocent than some.

Ok, so - Now I get to say how cute they are!! So lookit that little pink tail among the fur in the 1st picture - it's actually got a spot of shine on it. Perfect new little babytails connected to perfect little new beloved joys for someone. Gentle little happy-no-matter-what kids who make your heart try to reach out of your body like Fidget or shite-disturbing little attention-hogs who make you laugh and climb inside you to snuggle against your heart like January. Or any of the no-2-alike little blessings that never leave us without leaving some betterment of us with us. As long as they all find people who love them enough to benefit from them then all is well.

Yeah I really like girl 4 as well. Her markings are so interesting. Angies' fav is the light girl.

Here's a video of the boys Velma!

I like the little boy with the heart on his head :p

I'm getting my boys neutered as soon as the vet will do it. Unfortunately that's not until they are 5months old :( Scary, when I see this :S

Well that video did not help much....I love all 4 of them. How could anyone pick two!!!!!
I THINK my favorites are the beige boy with crooked white mark on his face and the lighter dark headed boy....he has more flecks of color around the edges and the black spot on his tail is closest to his bum......
I just watched the video again and I am not sure....The other two boys are so cute too...... :giggle:

Back