Yet Another PT Lass :/ (Rolo) RIP

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I get down now?

may30Rolo3.jpg

Busy girl

may30Rolo2.jpg

Feeling much better :D

may30Rolo1.jpg

She is curled up in a corner of her cage sleeping contently. I just checked on her.

Her incision looks good :)

Can't wait till I can take her home so she can be happy again! Hopefully she will be able to get out of her cage for a while! She would be SO happy!

crumbilina said:
She is curled up in a corner of her cage sleeping contently. I just checked on her.

Can't wait till I can take her home so she can be happy again! Hopefully she will be able to get out of her cage for a while! She would be SO happy!

I'm confused... She's with Crumbilina, not Spaz?

violet976 said:
crumbilina said:

I'm confused... She's with Crumbilina, not Spaz?

I think Jenny helps Shelagh with transportation since she has no car

aha. I was thinking it might be along those lines, but I was still confused. :laugh4: Doesn't take much.

So glad she made it through ok. I'm assuming Yoshi's surgery went well too, Crumbilina?

Yep Yoshi's went well too.

I was going to take a pic of Rolo to post, but she looks so grumpy lol So I decided against it. Wait until she is happily running around for pictures.

crumbilina said:
Yep Yoshi's went well too.

I was going to take a pic of Rolo to post, but she looks so grumpy lol So I decided against it. Wait until she is happily running around for pictures.

Take a pic...I miss her :sad3: Even her grumpy..."How dare you close me in this cage" face :giggle:

Jenny took Rolo to her vet for the removal, as I didn't know if Dr Munn would be up to it yet.

Rolo never really recovered from the anesthetic and didn't really heal from the surgery (its scabbed but not healed), so now we know that surgery on a rat exhibiting any PT symptoms even if pre-treated with dex/bromocriptine probably won't work. Rolo was getting dex every 2nd day, and she had a GREAT day 2 nights ago, running, head up, relatively normal, sadly she regressed today so much she's in full blown PT. She's curled up with Tanis on the couch right now. I gave her the dex to see if it will bring her back, but I think this is the end of the road.

Lovely girl. :heart:

jun14Rolo.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear that Shelagh. You've given her every chance possible... I'll be hoping for whatever is best for sweet Rolo. :hugs:

Back