Worrying Mochi might be preggers? :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a brand new digital scale so I would assume so - it's not foiled us whilst baking!

I'm still keeping an eye on them though, neither have gone into heat from what I've seen. Hobbit, their sister being looked after by another fosterer, put on 20g over 2 days!

At that age, it could just be their normal growth spurt.
If they were with males their own age, chances are slim that she's pregnant but if they were with older males, then chances are quite high.

I know these girls have big brothers and their father, the girl told me they'd had no contact with one another but she also told me they were seven weeks when they're probably just over half that tbh. I don't know whether or not to believe her.

I'll just go wrangle them for some more!

Here's Mimi -

DSCF3089.jpg

Next to an Actimel bottle so you can see just how teensy she is -
DSCF3090.jpg

and Mochi -
DSCF3092.jpg

DSCF3093.jpg

And the way she looks from above-
DSCF3094.jpg

She has like, two little sticky outy bumps just above her hips that just looks too lumpy to be 'good food'. Having roan genes it is extremely unlikely she has megacolon considering she eats, poops and thrives, and as for it being an internal mass...is it that common in very young females?

Mimi is 114g today (2g gain) and Mochi is 128g today (5g gain) looks like they're slowing down a little, hopefully this is just normal growth!

Haha so still no definite answers :p Just have to wait out the three weeks (well, almost two weeks now) and see what happens. I'm starting to think they might not be preggers...I've noticed girls have a very different body shape to boys in general, and girls just tend to have these shapely curves. The only thing that makes me still think Mochi is pregnant is the way she looks from above with the little 'love handles' above her hips...

Its starting to look more like baby girl growth than growths IN your baby girls LOLOL.

The last week is when the serious weight gain starts so you should know in a couple of days :)

Right, I forgot to update yesterday but I did weigh them - Mimi was 128g and is now 134g, Mochi was 141g yesterday and is now 148g. Btw, Mochi is looking faaaat. She's really round :?

She might just be a tubby girl for all I know, but Mimi is nowhere near as round as her.

....well she was feeling a little camera shy today. She doesn't like the initial orange light I don't think, with her being red eyed it probably baffles her.
I didn't want to manhandle her too much but I got these pics. Watching her, she has this like...middle section that pokes out when she stretches, but it's hard for my camera to pick up...

DSCF3122.jpg

DSCF3125.jpg

DSCF3126.jpg

DSCF3124.jpg

DSCF3130.jpg

No it's just over a week. This is day 7 of me weighing them, started the day after I got them home so I think she's about 5.5 weeks old now..ish? Ugh it's hard to tell, but she's so much bigger than Mimi. I'm still going to stay on top of them just in case, because I think Shank would probably eat eepers, she's mental.

I just did a little excel sheet on your girlie's weights...from July 21 to July 28th they have both gained the exact same amount of 43 grams averaging out to 5.37 grams a day. I think you have non-preggy girls, but keep weighing. Babies having babies is the hardest thing to pinpoint.

If it makes you feel any better...Tosca had me fooled for quite a while, she had these love handles

Toscamaybepregnantsm.jpg

That her sister didn't
Cleoslidingdownsm.jpg

Back