Worrying Mochi might be preggers? :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argent

Been watching my new'uns, and they're only babies themselves, but I've noticed Mochi's shape is very...pronounced. It looks suspiciously like a bit of a bump imo :( I'm hoping the stupid girl didn't have her in with her brothers before giving her to me...

Poor girl's very nervous and not happy about being picked up (but hasn't bitten me.....yet!!!!) She even looks round from the back, as if she has 'love handles'.
Her sister is very slight, and has that skinny, gangly frame of a young kit.

I managed to wrestle some belly pics out of her, but I don't want to scare the little mite too much on the first day!

What do you guys think?

DSCF3083.jpg

DSCF3082.jpg

DSCF3080.jpg

DSCF3074.jpg

About 4-5 weeks I'd put her at...the girl told me 7 weeks but that's utter tosh, they're teeny tiny girls, but still old enough to get pregnant :(

At 4-5 weeks she shouldn't be preggers if she was only with her brothers but if she was with her father or other grown males then it would be more likely. I would recommend weighing her everyday at the same time to see how it changes but I am leaning more towards her not being preggers at that age.

Yeah when I meant brothers I didn't mean littermates. Her mum was bred twice, first litter produced mostly boys, second was all girls, so her brothers are roughly 10-11 weeks old now...and I don't know if the girl was stupid enough to let them meet. Wouldn't put it past her, she didn't seem to care at all.

She looks bigger than 5 weeks, but I'm certainly NO expert.

That's quite a pot belly too, for such a youngster.

I guess you'll just have to wait and see.

Just weighed her and her sister today, Mimi is 91g and Mochi is 105g. I know they're both growing babies but if Mochi is pregnant, there'll still be a massive difference in gain right? Hopefully this weighing will help with their anxiety of my hands too >.< poor things weren't handled much.

Personally, I see a rattie thats eaten a bit much, or possibly preggers. My guess would be to keep and eye on her weight, myself I would be waiting for babies. Poor wee thing, hope I am wrong.

I'm kinda hoping she just got a bit bloated from stuffing her face with food, but there wasn't that much in the carrier between six of them (I wasn't expecting them all to be so hungry!) and she's still got that like...middle section. If it drops and she looks any bigger, I need to get a maternity cage sorted!

The weights will tell us the story, can you post them every day for us (remember to take them at the same time).

That one belly looks preggy to me. Does her belly always look that round or does it go down and then go back up?

Every time I look at her she just looks round...
I will weigh her and her sis (for comparison) every morning and keep it all on here for reference.

The weigh in today is Mimi 98g (91g yesterday), Mochi 115g (105g yesterday). They both seem to be gaining around the same but Mochi is just that little bit more.

jorats said:
How old are these little ladies?

Very young Jo. borderline for early pregnancy.

OK so 10 gram gain and a stall? See how she is today...if she starts to gain like that again then I would assume she is pregnant. Is your scale really accurate?

Back