Worried .....

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds like you have made up your mind but you are hating the decision. Its a terrible decision but as you said, his breathing could worsen so fast, and then he would truly suffer, and you worry each time you fight him getting meds in that you will incur one of those fatal panicked respiratory attacks.

I think you are right, and that its time for him to be reunited with Rachael soon. ((hugs))

It is the wrose choice to make but one you have to see either a peacful ending or a possible horrible one. I feel I waited to long with templeton and that haunts me. I wanted the meds to work more than anything. When they cant breathe and you know nothing helps then it is time. With mally, loki and ludo i let them go early. Sorry you have to make this choice for him but it is the biggest show of love and honor you can do for him. Hugs to you and your other ratties.

lilspaz68 said:
It sounds like you have made up your mind but you are hating the decision. Its a terrible decision but as you said, his breathing could worsen so fast, and then he would truly suffer, and you worry each time you fight him getting meds in that you will incur one of those fatal panicked respiratory attacks.

I think you are right, and that its time for him to be reunited with Rachael soon. ((hugs))

:yeah:

All I ever need to ask myself when faced with this decision is....Quality of life versus Quantity. I'm sorry you are going through this, it never gets easier, does it. :hugs:

I doubled Sol's atenolol (Sunday) and benezapril (Saturday) and he seems to be a bit better today ....
He didn't want his meds but once they were in, and I had groomed him with a warm damp cloth,
Solomon eagerly had a small piece of corn on the cob and then tucked into his piece of broccoli.
His breathing is still very noisy at times but it doesn't seem to bother him as much.
This may be just the lull before he crashes .... but I hope not ...

As we were getting ready to leave for the vet I recieved a phone call.
My vet is home ill with the flu today so Solomon's appointment for a recheck (and probably to be pts) has been changed to Wednesday.

May07Solomoneatinghisbroccoli.jpg

Solomon and his broccoli (btw he does have hair on his face, it just looks like that because his hair is damp after grooming by me.)

May07Solomonaftermedsandaspongebathlovinghisbroccoli.jpg

it is so very very hard...despite everything he is holding onto his broccoli and nibbling away. We have all been forced to make these hard decisions at one time..it never gets any easier. I know you will do the right thing ((hugs))

Back