Wierd Food Combinations

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so this is like death on a plate. But when I was away at school, I loved having my blueberry bagel, with strawberry cream cheese dipped in syrup...OMG De-lish!!!

I pretty much put ketchup on just about anything, including deli sandwiches.
I also like fries with mustard and ketchup, but I don't think that is too weird.

I am sure there is more, I will add when I think of them...

My sister is real bad, she'll get a spoonful of peanut butter and put semi sweet chocolate chips on it. Not that that is really gross, just that it could kill a person as well...

Melted extra old cheese and grapes on toasted whole wheat. Yum
Peanut butter with baloney.
Chips dipped in melted ice cream (mocha with almonds)
French fries smothered in gravy and ketchup
Toasts with mayo and peanut butter.

Maple said:
KaraY said:
Am I gross for just discovering this?
Yours isn't too bad Kara, but some of mamarat's would slip me into coma...... cheese and grapes :shock:

ohmigoodness.. my boyfriend's mom got my hooked on all things plus cheese. cheese and grapes, cheese and apples, cheese and pie, cheese and more cheese! :giggle:

On a really hot day I love fresh white bread (normally eat grain) with butter, celery and vegemite (Can't help being an Aussie, lol)
and on my munchy days I'll eat chocolate 'cause it's too sweet I'll follow it with either sour pickles or olives
My favouite meal is fish and chips with an overdose of vinegar, YUM!
last but not least, every morning the ratties and I have multi grain toast with vegemite

I always put ketchup on mac and cheese, eggs and most potato dishes.

The whole ektchup/mayo combo on fries is so popular in Utah, it is in condiment dispensers in the fast food joints. Myself I think mayo in any form is icky.

mamarat said:
What's vegemite?

I didn't know what it was either, so I had to look it up. From Wikipedia:

Vegemite is a dark brown Australian food paste made from yeast extract. It is a spread for sandwiches, toast, crumpets and cracker biscuits, and filling for pastries such as Cheesymite scroll. It is similar to British, New Zealand, and South African Marmite and to Swiss Cenovis.

Vegemite is made from used brewers' yeast extract, a by-product of beer manufacturing, and various vegetable and spice additives. It is salty, slightly bitter, and malty — similar to beef bouillon. The texture is smooth and sticky. It is not as intensely flavoured as British Marmite and it is less sweet than the New Zealand version of Marmite.

Vegemite has not been successfully marketed in other countries, apart from New Zealand and to a lesser extent in the United Kingdom, despite being owned by US food company Kraft Foods. When seen in the United States, the Vegemite label often does not contain the Kraft logo.

No offense, but it doesn't sound very appetizing! :wink:

We're happy little Vegemites
As bright as bright can be.
We all enjoy our Vegemite
For breakfast, lunch and tea.
Our Mummies say we're growing stronger
Every single week
Because we LOVE our Vegemite.
We all ADORE our Vegemite.
IT PUTS A ROSE IN EVERY CHEEK!
(Vegemite advertising jingle)

My kiwi cousin came and lived with me for a while and made me eat vegemite. At first it was frighteningly, puke-inspiringly bad, but the more and more she made me eat it the better it became. The trick is to put it on toast with LOTS of butter or margerine, then it's okay. It's deffiently NOT one of those things you can eat right from the jar!

Back