Why is my ratties nose bleeding?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I said if it happened again it might not be the nick in the nose, I also didn't know that it bled for 4 hours...was it steady or just ooozing? Maple ruled out dry air which can cause nosebleeds in humans so why not rats? I wonder if she has weak blood vessels.

Her sleeping is the best thing she can do, she's recovering. I would try to feed her foods high in Vitamin K for the clotting factor and iron against anemia...baby spinach would cover both wouldn't it?

My mum's dog had a tumour in her nose that caused nose bleeds. Unfortunately surgery was not an option due to the location. :(

It is normal for her to be tired after losing so much blood - she's probably a bit anemic now...

With Pepper it was not that much blood though. It would last maybe half an hour at most. Make sure you give her fluids though when she bleeds like that. I had another rat with an eye bleed and he was lethargic. I applied pressure and give him whatever he wanted to eat. I really thought I would lose him. Good luck with your sweetie.

lilspaz68 said:
was it steady or just ooozing? I wonder if she has weak blood vessels.
Her sleeping is the best thing she can do, she's recovering. I would try to feed her foods high in Vitamin K for the clotting factor and iron against anemia...baby spinach would cover both wouldn't it?
It wasn't heavy FLOWING but a steady drip, like a tap that needs a new washer and only from one nostril. I guess it could have been anything, I just don't know. One thing I can say is it has been 24 hours since I have seen any blood and that makes me happy. It seemed to take her a long time to recover and that was concerning, but your right spaz that was probably best for her. Today I fed her some Kale (does it matter that it was frozen?) and blueberries along with cream of wheat which she really liked. Spinach would have been the best but I didn't want to leave the house today and I didn't have any at home. Tonight she is back to normal but I'm wondering if she will be alright to have her spay done. It's going to be in the next few weeks.....any comments?
This was early afternoon, you can see she is still under the weather

Just a little blood spot by her left nostril which she has now cleaned off

Tonight she is back to normal-bruxing, boggling and up on all fours

cause my son has her favorite snack :D

I'm so glad she is still with me I have so much more to give. :heart:

Awwww might I add that her coloring is absolutely gorgeous?!? She is a little heart-breaker that gave us all a scare! Glad she looks like she's feeling better and back to her normal self :heart:

Back