Why can't people tie their dogs?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya I have to admit there are always exceptions but poeple should always try. I appreciate the fact that you have tried and it all has to do with you knowing your dog. We let Pennny off-lead only after 4 years of having at that point she is trustworthy. I hope that no one tries to let their dog off-leash without truly knowing their dog or you will surely not have a dog left to love...

And... sausage... I don't agree with you saying that all dogs should be able to do it, except hounds and pits. Not at all. Just because MOST hounds can't do offleash, doesn't mean all can't. I had two greyhounds who were both AMAZING offleash.

That said, not all dogs that do beautifully in the obedience ring can do offleash at a park or outdoor event. And, offleash work isn't "basic".. it's highly advanced and that's why it's included in obedience rings and only practiced on mature dogs.

Jo, i'm a little late on this topic, but I know what it's like to watch your dog be attacked, and it's AWEFUL, and gutt wrenching, and it's the same as watching someone beat up your child...

I am glad to hear he's doing MUCH better, and I don't think ANY dog, regarless of size, breed, and/or what the OWNER claims to KNOW about their dog... ANY dog, at ANY time can just SNAP, so YOU as the owner NEED to realize this, and tie them up!!!!!

I've got both a runner, and a dog who walks beside us at ALL times, BUT!!!! they BOTH stay on a leash!!!!

:hugs: to you and Jax!!!

Back