Who actually enjoy cleaning their rats' cages?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first started having rats, I had the SPE, and I would have anxiety attacks having to clean that stupid thing. I then switched to a flight cage, the doors sucked, but the shelves were easier to get in/out..so I didn't enjoy it..but my anxiety attacks stopped. I've since switched to a DFN and a DCN, and I've gotten a good routine down. Each section is a separate cage. I have 2 pairs, a group of 3, and a single boy. So I just do one section a day, and each section, depending on if I crank it out, or pause to watch tv, play with ratties, etc, takes anywhere from 1/2 hour to 4 hours lol! But I don't mind it...and I love to sit and watch the ratties enjoy a clean cage.

Gotta admit I had fun with this cage clean as the boys are nearly 100% potty trained and it was so much easier.
And I redecorated and moved some shelves around...spent another hour watching them explore!
u8abe5uz.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Since I moved into a new apartment without a washer and dryer, I have to hand wash my fleece liners and hammocks... so it's a lot more annoying! BUT, the the fabric smells much fresher for longer when washing by hand, not sure why, but at least that's one plus.

Back