When rats outlive tumours *GRAPHIC PIC*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my goodness, that was one huge tumour. I'm so very glad that Vincent is recovering well. I'm sure he is happier being free from that lump.

It's a bit of a conicidence but my 39 month old Ginger is going in on Monday to get a lump removed. I'm nervous about this! He had surgery about 6 weeks ago, so hopefully he will be okay this time around.

Give Vincent some extra gentle cuddles for me. The poor sweetie!

Oh baby boy!! What an awful looking thing that was. I think you made the most sensible loving decisions for him you could at each step. I can sure understand why it would seem kinder to let him pass from old age than undergo surgery when he was that old with other problems. Vincent had other ideas I guess and what a trooper he is! Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he decided to set a longevity record either. In the meantime, he's my hero.
:kisses: & prayers for you Vincent!

I came home from work and found Vincent exploring his cage and actually enjoy his edible log which he has never done when he had the huge tumour. :heart:

Here's Vincent:

Vincent1_edited-1.jpg

Vincent3_edited-1.jpg

Vincent4_edited-1.jpg

Vincent2_edited-1.jpg

I'm flabbergasted by this story. Vincent the Incredible Unstoppable Rat! It should be made into a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie of the week so we can all cry and cheer for this incredible brave boy!

Any you deserve a Mom of the Year award Jo. Your care and devotion are amazing, the way you get so many of your babies to such healthy old ages.
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

He's looking wonderful!! His incision looks like it's healing very, very well! I have a question, jo... Does he have rear-end paralysis or is he just not comfortable enough yet to use his hind end?

Vincent lost the complete use of his legs before the tumour growth. With the tumour getting so large, it pretty much fused his legs together like how it looks in the pic. :( But... as much as it bothers me, it certainly doesn't seem to bother him one bit. In fact, Pascal, his brother, also 37 months, has not lost the use of his legs but his just flop all over the place instead of being neatly tucked to one side.

Things like that seem to bother us way more then it bothers the animal.....I always think just look at your pet....if they are eating, using the bathroom, not in pain and enjoying life.....let them.....
My father had C.O.P.D......his last few years he couldn't walk much and had to take life physically very easy....but he never stopped learning or being a valuable part of our lives...he would get in his chair roll to his computer and learn things....computer programming...he took courses online etc...... He was a real inspiration, a wonderul people and animal loving man......what ever life through at him he made the best out of it.....He never let things get him down......
Vincent reminds me of him....
Please give Vincent a kiss from me...

I'm glad Vincent made it through the surgery. He really is a trooper. Best of luck with his recovery...I'll keep your boy in my prayers for sure! Scritches to him and hugs to you Joanne.
Julie

Back