When rats outlive tumours *GRAPHIC PIC*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why can't I find a man like that???? A guy who actually makes the most of enjoying what he's got and can do. I might be an older woman but who better to compare Vincent to other older men? Vincent has more life in him and a better attitude than most any human could muster.
What A Man!!! (positive-wise)

Kudos to you Jo for giving him this chance when I don't think many would have - or should have - under his circumstances. Obviously you & Vincent made this good decision together. Our kids do tell us stuff, but we have to be special or hear special to hear it.

I'm so sorry for what you must have been going thru seeing him like that and hoping he just goes gently and he keeps hanging it while it gets worse.
I've had some tough decisions to make - but I'd have done respite care and I think PTS when the tumor looked like that with his other problems. I wouldn't have put the old guy thru surgery. But he made it! and seeing & hearing his physical benefits and his still-have desires to be with his buds I believe that these days are gifts rather than trial for him.
Vincent's an exception kid, and lucky to have a mom who recognized it above and beyond all her other exceptional kids.

Keep On Truckin' Vincent! :thumbup: :kisses:

Ohhhh okay I understand why his hind legs look that way now, lol, I was curious. What an amazing little survivor! :heart:

Vincent is doing amazingly well. He's faster than ever, he checks every corner of his cage, he cuddles with his buddies and eats food like there's no tomorrow. Best of all, he comes to me when I open the cage door and waits to be petted. :heart:

I'm so happy to hear he's doing so well. You so did the right things for him at the right time Jo and he obviously feels you did too! :D

Vincent is doing better than ever.
Yesterday, I could hear some eeping and I looked over in the oldies cage and Vincent was power grooming his brother Pascal. :heart: Then they cuddled and went to sleep. It was quite the sight.

Vincentcuddling_edited-1.jpg

Vincentcuddling2_edited-1.jpg

These boys are great. Their sisters are all gone, but their brother Marsellus here in Montreal is still doing well - I just sent his mom an e-mail of this thread, hopefully she'll pop by and have something to say.

Back