What to do with a bully?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Petitepuppet said:
........Moota is now booked in to see the nut fairy on monday morning........
:laugh4: Apologies to Moota, the terminology just struck me funny.

You sound like the most wonderful rattiemom! I was sure hoping things would go well with Steve & the others, you deserve a break, and I turn the page and Yes!
I so hope Moota will be fit in just as easily after he has his magical meeting. Hope he retains only as much macho as he needs to heal quick & feel good and then realizes he enjoys company.

Last night Steve and the 3 boys spent the night in a cat carrier with nothing but food and a water bottle. There was only one wee fight and that happened within the first 10 mins of them all going in together. I didnt feel that I needed to intervene so just left them to it and that was that and there hasnt been anything since. I noticed that the 3 boys slept at one side of the carrier and Steve slept on the other side by himself but I have just caught them all snuggled up together :joy: .

Tonight I am going to put them in the one half of my explorer and see how it goes from there. Aslong as everything goes well tonight I will start to add hammocks and hidies tomorrow, but I think everything will be fine.

Moota has the vets tomorrow morning so I have my fingers crossed that he is going to be ok and hopefully will be able to get him in with the rest of the gang soon. I feel awful having him on his own but its the only thing I can do to ensure the safety of both him and my other boys :( .

DSCN3313.jpg

From left to right: Boe, Steve, Jingles and Ducky :heart:

Thanks. I have just dropped him off and I have to pick him up at 4 this afternoon so its quite a long wait and I am really scared for him.

Hehe we gave some guy a fright in the waiting room tho lol. He asked what was in the box because he thought it was a rat but surely it was too big to be a rat :lol: .

Good luck to Moota and don't hesitate to call and ask how he is doing. I work the desk at a vet and it is ok to call and ask. Animals get scheduled at different times in the line up so someone can say "Oh he hasn't been done yet" or "the vet is just closing up and it looks great" or "he's all done and sleeping on his heating pad". If you are worried give them a call.

Yey the operation went well :joy: .

I did call them lol and he had had the op by then and was sleeping.

He has had some boiled tatties for his dinner tonight and he scoffed them up so I am please with that :D .

Thanks for all the good luck wishes he got :) .

Hi all :D .

Moota seems to have healed up very nicely and very fast, so I am please with that.

I am going to try and start intros today with him and see how it goes. I am telling myself not worry because he has only just been castrated so it may take some time before they are all comfortable.

Wish me luck x

Well the boys have been together all day and I am very happy with them.

Moota did try to start on Boe but, Boe did not stand for it so Moota soon learnt that Boe is the boss and not to mess with him lol.

Steve actually seemed happy to see him, which I was very suprised at.

Well hopfully there will be no fights during the night and I can get them all in the big cage tomorrow :thumbup: .

Oh I didnt know I couldnt do that.

They are all still in the small cage and there hasnt been anymore fighting or anything since the wee tiff there was yesterday.

Should I seperate them?

I'd separate them to give them a break from each other and continue with intros over the course of the week like Jo suggested. If they're strangers to one another and they're in a confined space they're more likely to scrap.

Back