What Are We All Doing for Halloween?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

If anything, of course. I know we have a few members here who don't celebrate it, for whatever reason.

But for those of us who do, what are you doing? Any special traditions? Are you dressing up, and if so, as what? And if you don't celebrate... How do you plan on spending the evening?

I'm all about holidays; I'm the type of person all the people who market holiday crap stuff LOVE.

For me, we usually take Tanner around whenever the designated time is, do that whole shebang. We don't go to too many houses, just the ones on our street, maybe one of my dad's coworker's houses. Normally an hour and a half tops of that. Of course we carve pumpkins, usually two or three days before Halloween. My sisters are far more creative than I am. The rats will get their own mini-pumpkins to chew on, LOL. Lots of baking going on as well! We LOVE pumpkin in this house. We watch all of the Chucky movies except for the last one (not actually sit down and watch, but they kind of play on in the background as we're getting ready and handing out candy (which the rats get to partake in), although I try to watch as much of "Bride of Chucky" as I can, heh. Then after Tanner is in bed we try and have a new scary movie (or 2) none of us has seen to watch. That's about it... Or at least all I can think of. Oh! This year before actual Trick or Treating we're doing Trunk or Treat for my dad's work, and we're going pretty all out... It's going to be great. And for work we have a party for the residents; I'm sure I'll atleast attempt to go to that, but more than likely I'll just wear some sort of costume on actual Halloween. There is also a haunted house I'm volunteering for at work as well (Job #1, though). They really get into stuff up here.

I have a Dorothy costume I bought last year, but I'm not so sure I want to wear it again. I found this really cute idea, where you wear pants and a turtle neck. Then you have a sign that says "Nudist on Strike". I thought that was pretty cute. I'm not sure what Tanner is going as yet, last year he was a Hawkeye football player. We'll see!

I'm trick or treating, probably going as Sarah Palin, though it's not 100%. Palin is so easy to parodize, it's hard to resist. Going with my dear friend, uhm... name. Any good Jack-o-Latern ideas? BTW I like the nudist in strike thing!

I really don't like Halloween... but I love seeing all the house decked out in their halloween decorations. It's really cool that this year it's on a Friday. My boys don't do Halloween anymore either... I used to bribe them with a big box of candy if they wouldn't go out door to door. I'd then give it to them and throw it away within a couple of days. They never asked what happened to it. lol

I don't know what we are doing but on November 1st I have to work and then bounce a Halloween DJ showcase. Then work again on the 2nd!

jorats said:
I really don't like Halloween... but I love seeing all the house decked out in their halloween decorations. It's really cool that this year it's on a Friday. My boys don't do Halloween anymore either... I used to bribe them with a big box of candy if they wouldn't go out door to door. I'd then give it to them and throw it away within a couple of days. They never asked what happened to it. lol

I love Halloween, it's my favorite holiday if I'm in the right mood. (fun= Halloween, cozy/materialistic= Christmas)

I'm actually a stone's throw from Salem Massachusetts, and so, in following a 23-year-old tradition, I'll be people watching in Salem for Halloween I think. (And oh man, can it be a freak show, very much fun though). There's also a few things I want/need that its the optimum place to get them, so, yay, new tarot deck!

I gave thought to bringing one or two of the girls, but I don't want to expose them to anything, so I think they're staying home.

Jack and i and some other friends are going to saunders farm the weekend before Hallowing they have the Barn of Terror with performers and they also have a hanted waggon rideand the Field of Screams:sad3:
http://www.saundersfarm.com/pages/attractions.htm

then the 31 st we ( same groupe ) are going to the Ottawa hanted walk we will be doing the
"Are You Afraid of the Dark?" - Ghosts and the Gallows
takes you on a visit inside the old Carleton County Jail (now the Ottawa Jail Hostel), we will be guided in total darkness by lantern light through the haunted hallways of the old Jail, Death Row and the last working Gallows in Canada. :cheeky:

I'd kill to go to Salem! And... Smokey... that's AWESOME!!

I love holidays. Give me a reason to celebrate and be with people I love, and I'm all over it.

Im going to a party the weekend before... basically costumes, and friends sitting around drinking and watching really bad scarey movies :p
The day itself? Probably just staying home and handing out candy. It will be at the end of midterms so I will probably be sleep deprived :p

I'll be working. Should be an interesting night, from what I heard a lot of past residence will come by and egg the group home 'n what not. Will be an interesting night. The kids are not allowed to leave the house at all that day because it is to easy for them to get blamed for something so they'll be watching movies and eating pizza till bed time, I don't think we let them stay up any later just 'cause it's Halloween.

If I wasn't working I would have loved to go to my brothers house. He just bought one and moves in on the 31st lol and having a party the same day! What a nut lol Going to Triangles (only gay bar in Moncton) would have been fun too, I hear they have a good Halloween party there.

Halloween became so much less enjoyable for me once I stopped trick-or-treating, lol. I just started to notice, as I manned the door, how darn selfish kids can be, especially those who don't even bother to dress up asking for candy. I'm sure it's much more fun in areas that aren't so busy like mine. I grew up in a sort of suburbia type of area in Toronto and parents would drop off their kids in huge vans as it was quite simply the jackpot. Hundreds of kids visit each house!

Sooo since I now live in an apartment building with no children I think I'll be bribed to dress up and go out...somewhere...like Ashley, I have midterms dominating my mind!

I've got a 2 yr old, so we'll be trick or treating, for an hour or so, then it'll be off to bed...
I'm not a huge halloween person, I cringe at the thought of the poor animals that don't see Nov. 1st... :redhot:

I keep mine indoors, and hope for the best to all others...

With the hubby being a magician, we used to do ALOT of shows, but then we had Cole, and plenty of issues with him since :heart:

It's ALL about the KID these days!!!! :thumbup:

NezumiNeko said:
I'm trick or treating, probably going as Sarah Palin, though it's not 100%. Palin is so easy to parodize, it's hard to resist. Going with my dear friend, uhm... name. Any good Jack-o-Latern ideas? BTW I like the nudist in strike thing!

That's hilarious! My friend is going as Sarah Palin and I'm going as Bristol, her pregnant daughter. We have all these GOP pins and paraphernalia for it too! Every year we go to a friend's house, who really knows how to do Halloween! Huge huge party - It's one of the only times where a bunch of us from high school get together now because Christmasses are often strictly family time for us and there's not a lot of opportunity to get together with friends!

That's hysterical!

I decided not to be Palin, because I was worried someone else would be her, and being the brat I am, I won't take that risk. I'm going as Edward Scissorhands! And do people really kill animals on Halloween, are people really that crazy? Nothing like that has happened where I live, but you never know.

I don't own a black cat.... and my parents will be at home, greeting the up to 3 trick or treaters we get. But.... that's so freaky. O.O

There are some cruel idiots who involve animals in their pranks... But I have to admit, it never pops into my mind when thinking of Halloween. Most shelters and rescues won't adopt out black cats during October for this reason. We used to have a black cat, but he was never outdoors so no worries there.

I think we're doing our Jack O Lanterns soon. Have any of you seen "Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story"? Well the part where he cuts his brother in half with a machete, inspired my pumpkin for this year. "I've been halved!" :D

Me and my friend are going to chill at the anime north halloween dance. :D I'm going as deidara from naruto and my friends going as seiya from sailormoon.

Its going to be rad :happydance:

Back