We're taking in an Alberta refugee

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a sweet face she has, such a sweet angel. Lucky Lucky LUCKY lucy. She even gets an airplane drive!!!! LUCKY GIRL, i havnt even been on an airplane.... Sheesh.. I hope she finds a wonderful home to love her like she deserves.... Poor thing. Your a true angel to do this for her.

how could anyone kill that pretty lil girl? just look at her.. :heart: :bow:
man, the no rats law out there is so freaking retarded .. gawd!! :rant:
it seems a bit excessissive to have to do all that paperwork just to transport a pet :roll: whats she gonna do, attack a school full of children and give them rabies? :roll: sheesh. ..
do they really control the ab border? like if i were to drive thru they would actually have people guarding all the roads.. like going to the usa??

A few white rats have been brought in by pet stores, biology teachers, and well-meaning individuals who did not know that it was unlawful to have rats in Alberta. The white rat or laboratory rat is a domesticated Norway rat. If white rats escaped captivity or were turned loose, they could multiply and spread throughout Alberta just like the wild Norway rat. Consequently, white rats can only be kept by zoos, universities and colleges, and recognized research institutions in Alberta. Private citizens may not keep white rats, hooded rats or any of the strains of domesticated Norway rats.

I got this from a website about the history of rat control in Alberta. They are misinformed. I cannot imagine a pet rat surviving an Alberta winter.

Here's the link to the site: http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department ... /agdex3441

Here's a link to news items about the Rat Patrol effort at year 50. They are obsessed!
http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-66931703.html

It's so sad that people numerous people willing to do so much just to arrange this may not have been enough, and some frickin' paperwork may have caused it to end differently... that's horrible. :\ But what a sweet update. :]

Back