We're getting baby boys! Hooray! Pics in latest post.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MomRat

We've had our ears out for a few weeks looking to bring some boys back into our home; with the loss of Gregory we just have the girls and we need some cuddlers, plus the cage is wayyy too empty. :giggle: Finally settled on some hand-raised ooops litter babies, we're getting them tomorrow! *squee!* They are almost 6 weeks old.

Pics from the people who have them:

[album:3cs5xa9n]657[/album:3cs5xa9n]
[album:3cs5xa9n]658[/album:3cs5xa9n]
[album:3cs5xa9n]656[/album:3cs5xa9n]
[album:3cs5xa9n]660[/album:3cs5xa9n]
[album:3cs5xa9n]659[/album:3cs5xa9n]

We know the litter had some dumbos, but I'm not sure from these pics - anyone think there's a dumbo in there? Don't care either way, but it would be cool. =) Not sure on names yet, but the owners tell us they are loving, licky, and working on being litter trained already!

All absolutely adorable normal-eared!

Dumbos at this stage usually have a lop-like look to their ears (i.e. they droop a whole lot). I could be wrong of course!

We are looking forward to them. The girls make for some amazing "Rat TV", as will the boys as they are so young and full of themselves, but at 14 months not a single girl likes being picked up and held. All 3 love pettings, but anything else is a bother from their exploring/climbing/destroying/etc.

And after Quilt and Dominic there has been a severe lack of fuzzy cuddles in our apartment.

Oooh!! A bunch of Hunters!!! :giggle:

They look adorable - you're gonna have so much fun! Congratulations on your new additions!!!

We got them! *THUD* *thud* *ThUd* Wow.

I have never had rats this small. Ever. The boys are 6 weeks and 1 day old, they were born Aug. 18th. We are working on telling them apart. For being raised by a middle? schooler, they are SO friendly and curious. Already climbing all over us and stashing lab block.(They were being fed kitten food. They smell a bit. :giggle: ) Letting them settle into their little quarantine cage for the night, hopefully they will slow down enough to get some pics soon.

Did I mention? *thud* They are cute.

Most of our photos look like this:
DSCN1531.jpg

And dangling tends to work like this, when it works at all...
DSCN1530.jpg

Here we are! We hold still for oatmeal. =)
DSCN1562.jpg

DSCN1551.jpg

We were littertrained before we even came home!
DSCN1534.jpg

Tummy shots, as demanded. :giggle:
Justin Tummy(note the 'belly button' dot)
DSCN1550.jpg

Jonathan Tummy(he is more readily identified by the tiny white tip on his tail, but he sure has a cute tummy!)
DSCN1545.jpg

Ok mom, you got my picture, can I go wrestle under my liners now?
DSCN1538.jpg

Back