well hiya!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you planning on being in residence, or living at home?

Bear in mind that residences generally don't allow pets of any type (and rats, of course, are always several levels less desirable than any other type). If you're going to be in an apartment, you'd have to have rats in the rental agreement too. These are just things I've learned myself while I was at university, if you don't mind me imparting such information on you. :)

A bit of advice too, though I know you might not like hearing it too much - I would wait, if I were you, to start breeding after your freshman year. You'll be a frosh, there'll be SO many wonderful things to do at university - you won't want to have to run back to your home every two hours to dropper-feed a pinky if Mom rejects the litter. :(

How much money do you think you'll be able to save by September or October, to pay for emergency vet visits for some rats, because of the very real possibility that something could go terribly wrong?
Here is one example of how it could go terribly wrong viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24241&hilit=serena

Here is a thread on another forum that is all stories of how breeding can go terribly wrong. http://www.goosemoose.com/component/opt ... pic,4218.0

We are going to continue to tell you these things because most members of this forum are adamantly against breeding. I personally don't believe that ethical breeders can exist when there are thousands of animals in shelters, most of whom don't make it back out. The truth is, we feel like if we don't say these things bluntly, no one will, and we worry you will end up in over your head with a pile of rats you can't afford to feed, or properly are for. We've seen this happen way to many times. The people on this forum who participate in rescuing rats get calls weekly from people who just wanted to try, and didn't understand the consequences, who have now dumped their problem on someone else.

Think about it for a second, are you prepared to spend thousands on vet costs? Are you prepared to take in every rat you breed because there isn't enough demand for your rats? Are you prepared to possibly watch babies die, because of Megacolon, or because their mother rejects them? are you prepared to see what Chelle saw with poor Serena? Serena was a rat that was rescued by Chelle from someone who was trying to be a breeder.

This isn't just a hobby, these are real lives you are messing with. Sorry if we aren't polite about it, but we've seen far to many rats suffer because of inexperienced, unethical breeders.

I don't want to sound mean, since you seem like you love rats so much, but the fact that you have to ask the dumb questions makes me feel like you're not ready to breed. Everyone has dumb questions sometimes. I have a lot. I had two rats before, and I'm just getting back into them, so I had a lot of dumb questions and I've learned a lot. I've learned a lot on this forum. I know I still have a ton to learn.

The expert breeder your working with doesn't seem to mind that you want to breed, even though you're asking dumb questions? That would be a red flag to me. If you're really interested in breeding fantastic rats, then I would look for someone who wants to grill you, who wants to make you feel like an idiot and make sure you can weather through the **** storm. For instance, before I decided to get back into rats I fell in love with a dog breed. I talked to a lot of breeders, some rescues, read a lot of books about them. And then I talked to some people with the intention of adopting one of their puppies. And she knocked me down. I was still determined to get a dog, and I moved on to someone else. But her points were extremely valid and I kept on going back to them. She made me realize, while I knew I COULD make the 15 year commitment to a puppy, it would not be best for me or the puppy. That's the sort of person you want.

Also, not to pry, but why do you want to start to breed right before you go off to college? Is it close to your house? Would you be able to keep the rats in your dorm room? Would you have a rented place? Are you studying genetics, or to become a veterinarian, or something related? I'm in my first semester of community college, and I'm only taking one class, and I'm finding it to be more time than I had expected it to be. Starting to breed would not be something I would want to do right when I was starting college. Starting anything- a new business, a new job, whatever- is not something I would want to do right when I was starting college.

You say you feel like the forum would rather criticize you than help you- but I'm sure everyone just wants the best for you and your rats. Criticism, constructive criticism, can be the best way of learning. Like me with the puppy and the breeder, I think you have a long way to go before beginning to breed rats. I think this forum could be help to you, even though it's mostly rescue-based. I hope you stick around and learn a lot- I know I have.

Hoestly I'm going to a community college (for two years to get my math and english classes etc. out of the way) that's right up the road from where I live so I would be going home everyday. So there is no need to worry at all.
I'm done talking about this subject because no one knows me or my goals in life. I know saying things bluntly can surely get your point across but you should also try to listen and try to understand what others say. I'm not perfect but I have feeling too.
Like I said before when I joined no one said that this was rescue only. No breeding allowed. But that's fine with me.

If you get discouraged so easily, maybe you're not prepared to take on a responsibility of life and death like this.

I'd be very happy to listen to you and see why you want to breed and what your plans for breeding are, but I feel like you are the one who is not listening. A couple people did have strong words, but you were also welcomed to the forum and encouraged to read, read, read, which is the absolute best way to learn.

Please stay and learn and make friends. Post pictures of your ratties and come to the forum when you have problems.

rattyattie_14 said:
I plan to go to NCSU. I don't want to be mean but you all are belittling me about breeding. If I breed I wouldn't start until September or October. So I have plenty of time to make up my mind completely. I'm talking to a breeder and an expert (names will not be given) and they don't seem to mind that I want to breed. I'm asking them a lot of questions no matter how dumb or obvious they may be. When ever I'm on the computer it is mostly to study and learn about rats. I know the risks and disasters about breeding and I'm learning as much as I can at this point in my life. My family and friends all support me.
Where I live there aren't any rats in our shelters. We have more a cat problem than anything. If there were a rat shelter near me I would forget about breeding and adopt most or all of the shelter rats that I could. I love my rats as much as the next person and I think that should be taken into consideration. I'm not here to bully anyone or make them see my views. I'm just being me.
When I joined the forum I didn't read anything that said this was a "rescue only" forum or that I couldn't post websites dealing with breeding and such. I'm not one to start problems and I most certainly didn't think that saying "I want to breed" would cause a big problem. In some people maybe but not everyone. The replies that I have posted on the forum are things that I have learned by research. If I bred rats I know I would NOT be perfect but no one that starts breeding rats is perfect. You don't just know genetics you have to learn them.
While this forum can help me learn about rats and so much more I feel that you would rather criticize than help me. No matter how nice you put it. I've said it many time and I'll say it again, I'm sorry for the uproar that I've caused.

You said shelters in your area don't have rats. Have you confirmed that they will in fact accept rats? You will find many shelters, particularly in smaller towns and cities do not.

Here's a quick Petfinder search I did for your area (which I notice you made more vague on your profile today), you will notice there are four rats on the first page. Keep in mind, there are many shelters and rescues that do not list on Petfinder. http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?ani ... rch=Search Many shelters and rescues will help arrange volunteer transportation in order to get their animals to their forever home.

I looked through your business' page and through that of the rattery you got your breeding pairs from. Do you know what Megacolon is or were you planning to learn about it when you have a rat die from sepsis? All of the rats bred by your mentor are at risk. If she would post her previous litters I could look through your breeding pairs relatives and tell you if you have cause to be concerned, but apparently that's too much to expect.

I'm not trying to bully you either (believe me, I'm a lot meaner when the gloves come off) but I think you're too naive and immature to understand what you're getting into. In my area, we have many, many breeders like you. They all say the same things, "Our rats are nicer/healthier/prettier,"; "We aren't to blame for the pet overpopulation,"; "It's very hard to find rats in a shelter," yet our SPCA is always full of rats, as are the many private, all animal rescues, and the rescue based at the faculty of veterinary medicine. The city pound frequently sells pretty baby rats. They're the lucky ones.

By the way, we do have many breeders that are active on the forum. Many lurk, because they have been caught in lie after lie, but at least two of them post and are very well respected by many. If you strive to be as good a breeder as you say you should embrace the questions and be grateful that you found a community that is as committed to rats and their well being as you claim you are.

rattyattie_14 said:
Hoestly I'm going to a community college (for two years to get my math and english classes etc. out of the way) that's right up the road from where I live so I would be going home everyday. So there is no need to worry at all.
I'm done talking about this subject because no one knows me or my goals in life. I know saying things bluntly can surely get your point across but you should also try to listen and try to understand what others say. I'm not perfect but I have feeling too.
Like I said before when I joined no one said that this was rescue only. No breeding allowed. But that's fine with me.

no one here is clamming to be perfect. It is ok to have this as a goal, but I really think you are rushing into this. You may have had rats for years, but how long have you studied genetics? Do you know that certain markings can hint at deadly diseases, but those markings aren't the only reason a rat might get MC? Do you know the exact lineage and health of the rats you plan to breed? Do you know what kinds of health issues have run in their lines?

Here is a list of things people look for in an ethical breeder, so you can start to think about how to get there if you really plan on making this happen.
-A wait list should be established before breeding takes place, there should be a demand to ensure that no rats will go with out homes. An ethical breeder will be prepared to keep ALL rats from a litter, which can be as many as 20 rats.
-The breeder should keep many rats from each litter, to help be sure that the line does not have any serious health issues.
-The breeder should keep track of each rat they sell, to keep track of any serious health issues. If issues pop up, that line should not be bread any more.
-Does should only be bread a few times, and only at a certain age.
-Pedigrees should be available upon request, including any health issues the parents had.
- the breeder should have very few litters per year
- the breeder should be trying to better the breed, in temperament and health. Colors should be a secondary concern.
- Breeders should not take in rescues, because of their unknown lineage, but they should maintain a relationship with a good rat rescue, to help those who need those services.
-Breeders should study genetics before they start to breed
- Breeder should have an existing relationship with a vet, who understands rats, and rat breeding, incase of emergency needs.
-The breeder should understand that they will not make money this way, and fees should be to cover costs.
- Breeders should be able to obtain necropsy results for any of their breeding rats in a pedigree, to inform pet parents of any possible genetic issues.
-Breeders should not breed high white markings.
- Breeders should have a tough screening process of where their rats go
- Breeders should never sell for Herp food, or to pet stores
- Breeders should NEVER preform home euthanasia, or culling.
- Breeders should have a through understanding of rats nutritional needs.
- Ratterys should be closed to prevent illness.
- Babies should never be adopted out alone, always in altered pairs, or same sex pairs.
- breeder will insist on taking back any rat that is adopted out, if the new parent cannot keep the rat for some reason

Here is a list of "red flags" from a reputable, ethical breeder who is a member of this forum. IMO she is the only ethical breeder I know of, and she does fit the entire list I provided.

1) Breeder has “too many” animals.

2) Breeder always has litters available or breeds multiple litters at a time.

3) Breeder fosters out half their litters in order to breed more.

4) Breeder produces litters he/she has no intention of keeping babies from or "just to have a litter".

5) Breeder breeds for adopters, to meet a demand, or make a profit.

6) Breeder breeds immature animals often.

7) Breeder weans babies at less than four weeks of age.

8) Breeder kills (culls) babies for reasons other than as a last resort for an untreatable or incurable disease or injury.

9) Breeder does not keep track of the health and temperament of their lines. Breeder expects adopters to make special effort to keep in touch.

10) Breeder claims their lines are free of all health problems or defects.

11) Breeder’s only goals are focused on only one of the following: health, temperament, type, or color.

12) Breeder does not use proper standardized names for the varieties in their rattery.

13) Breeder charges more for popular varieties.

14) Breeder breeds wild rats or “hybrids”.

15) Breeder’s pedigree only offers names and colors of the rat’s ancestors. Breeder cannot share more in-depth knowledge of those rats.

16) Breeder provides minimal care or skips on important factors of care.

17) Breeder does not have a working relationship with a vet or avoids taking seriously ill or injured animals to the vet.

18) Breeder knowingly sells sick or injured animals.

19) Breeder does not observe proper quarantine.

20) Breeder is willing to ship by illegal means.

21) Breeder sells to pet stores or pet expos, or provides rats as reptile food.

22) Breeder will not take back animals they have produced.

23) Breeder asks for donations to keep their rattery running.

24) Breeder does not have an involved adoption procedure or detailed adoption agreement.

25) Breeder also breeds another species.

Ok. Let's start over! I feel I'm getting off on the wrong foot here.
I'm all ears (and speaking of ears dumbo rats are so cute). I might as well sit back and enjoy and not try to make things worse, right? Throw all your INFORMATION at me! I'm ing to get it and read it all and LEARN from it! No hard feelings, please and thank you! :)
Horry for rats! Because they're so darn cute!

I hope you take the time to learn all you can where youre here, and either decide not to breed, or become an ethical breeder. I myself could not be a breeder.. I don't understand genetics.. And last year alone, I spent 3700$ ONLY in vet care for a total of five rats.. Having to get vet care for 20 babies(I'm getting a baby from a good breeder soon, and that litter were 18 babies..) plus the parents? Wayy to expencive for me:p I would rescue tho, but there is no such thing as rescues over here:(

Oh, and welcome!

rattyattie_14 said:
I plan to go to NCSU. I don't want to be mean but you all are belittling me about breeding. If I breed I wouldn't start until September or October. So I have plenty of time to make up my mind completely. I'm talking to a breeder and an expert (names will not be given) and they don't seem to mind that I want to breed. I'm asking them a lot of questions no matter how dumb or obvious they may be. When ever I'm on the computer it is mostly to study and learn about rats. I know the risks and disasters about breeding and I'm learning as much as I can at this point in my life. My family and friends all support me.
Where I live there aren't any rats in our shelters. We have more a cat problem than anything. If there were a rat shelter near me I would forget about breeding and adopt most or all of the shelter rats that I could. I love my rats as much as the next person and I think that should be taken into consideration. I'm not here to bully anyone or make them see my views. I'm just being me.
When I joined the forum I didn't read anything that said this was a "rescue only" forum or that I couldn't post websites dealing with breeding and such. I'm not one to start problems and I most certainly didn't think that saying "I want to breed" would cause a big problem. In some people maybe but not everyone. The replies that I have posted on the forum are things that I have learned by research. If I bred rats I know I would NOT be perfect but no one that starts breeding rats is perfect. You don't just know genetics you have to learn them.
While this forum can help me learn about rats and so much more I feel that you would rather criticize than help me. No matter how nice you put it. I've said it many time and I'll say it again, I'm sorry for the uproar that I've caused.

No one is belittling you about breeding. You are on the wrong track and you are getting honest feedback from people who have significantly more experience with rats and rat rescues than you do. Research is a good thing but it does not replace reality. Do you have any idea how many babies one female can have in one year?

You mention the "what ifs" of there, eventually, being no rats left in the world. That is not an educated statement. Rats can and do breed out of control and they are capable of giving birth to healthy babies very late in life. There will never be a shortage of rats. It is not in their makeup to die out.

Generations of humans have tried to eliminate rats and have never succeeded. Rats are smarter than most humans will ever be. Breeding rats is not supported on The Rat Shack because the majority of our members spend their lives rescuing the very rats that breeders lose control of.

Practically every breeder I have ever encountered has had absolutely no clue about what they were doing and wound up with a ton of babies and nowhere to put them... nor did they have the finances to take care of them. That's where people like our Rat Shack rescuers come in. Our rescuers undo the damage the breeder created. It isn't a rosy pill to have to swallow but there it is.

Do yourself a huge favor and re-analyse your intentions. You sound to me like an ethical human being with functional intelligence. There is no crime in dreaming but you need to evaluate every aspect of your dream to make sure that you are not contributing to a problem. An animal lover should always consider the animals' well being before catering to their own desires.

Any motivation on your part needs to be about the rats and their well being. It should not be about you and your dream.

Hang in there. No one here is out to get you. You are just getting some badly needed (albeit unpleasant) reality checks and they hurt. Contrary to what it may seem... we are on your side. Friends will tell you what you need to hear... not what you may "want" to hear. We've all been through the mill on the Rat Shack, one way or another, and we all lived to tell about it. Holler if you need anything... need to vent.... to cry.... to rant. :hugs:

I think it is great that you are here and willing to learn! A lot of people bent on breeding come here and quickly get turned off by our..... enthusiastic greetings, LOL. But we see so many people who jump into it too quickly or with not enough information and its the rescuers who end up cleaning up the eventual mess, so we get pretty passionate about it.

It sounds like you are educating yourself on everything quite a bit but most ethical breeders are researching and learning under a mentor for YEARS, not months. So you have a long time ahead of you before you should really be considering it. There is so much to learn, especially things like genetics and nutrition, and until you are fully versed in those matters, you are not ready to be an ethical breeder. And that goes for anyone considering breeding.

If I were someone looking to purchase breeder quality rats, I would run, not walk, away from a college freshman claiming to be a breeder. I wouldn't buy a purebred dog from a kid, I wouldn't buy rats from a kid either. Not that that's anything against you, but just good sense if someone is looking to purchase an animal from a breeder

Wow! After reading through this thread I had a lump in my throat and tears were threatening...but not for the reasons one would think! I have just learned more about my fellow rat lovers than I thought possible. :madeday:

At first, I too thought this thread was going to be a rough ride, however, with each post I began to see NOT accusation or scorn so much as concern for rattyattie_14 and love for those little critters we are all now loving! :heart:

Yesterday, I spent four hours driving to and from another city to get two of my fuzz butts looked at for URI with the only "exotics" vet in this area! I spent $300 yesterday at the vet, not including gas and food. In February, I spent $300+ again in vet bills getting my two boys neutered. The cost of a quality & fresh food for my 8 babes is nothing to sneeze at! These babies of mine are not from a Breeder. To care for one, two or more ratties is a labor of love & $$. I won't even get into the cleaning and cage consumable costs in $$ and time...okay I lied, to clean 1 CN and 2 other cages every night (spot clean) takes me 2.5 hours minimum, EVERY NIGHT.

So after all that babbling, I found that, dang! I :heart: you guys :hugs:

Rattyattie_14, Welcome! Hang in there and take your time, life is not a race and it should always be, yes, in the best interest of the animal!

Rhonda

whoa whoa whoa......you guys are crazy. Why can't it be that people who love rats come together no matter the purpose. you call ME ignorant because i'm telling someone who love rats to continue thier dream?? And why can't it be a dream to breed rats? You are in no right a place to judge someone. Instead of shooting down someone and telling them what they can't do, why don't you give them positive advice and make sure they care for the rats the right way. If ignorant is what i am, then I will be the most ignorant person in the world if that means I encourage someone to persue their dream. Matter of fact, I AM ignorant. It's ashame to see people on here who are one-minded about their cause. Sure it's important, but breeding rats are important too. It is truely sad to see people name are calling and who belittle others. This is not the site I thought it was. SMH (shaking my head)

I think Jo said it best
It's very ignorant of you to say something like that. Breeding is not a dream to be had. It's a huge responsibility, not a game.

We are a forum of rat rescuers, and many of the rescues came from "breeders" We've seen the damage that can be done, and as a forum of people who love rats more than pretty much anything, we feel it is our responsibility to educate our members. It can be a "dream" to breed rats, as long as it is done right. It takes years of preparation and study to become an ethical breeder, and we are encouraging her to do this before just jumping in. Because of the possible health complications, any one who loves rats can not take the risk of just throwing two well tempered rats together and seeing what happens. Mega Colon, aggressiveness, blindness and heart conditions are all genetic. And the breeder is responsible for understanding how things things are passed on, and how to do their best to eliminate them in their lines.

It seems you are also pretty single minded when it comes to your ideas. Have you even stopped to consider the problems breeding can cause? Have you read through our arguments, or are you just mad that we disagreed with you?

tati4444 said:
whoa whoa whoa......you guys are crazy. Why can't it be that people who love rats come together no matter the purpose. you call ME ignorant because i'm telling someone who love rats to continue thier dream?? And why can't it be a dream to breed rats? You are in no right a place to judge someone. Instead of shooting down someone and telling them what they can't do, why don't you give them positive advice and make sure they care for the rats the right way. If ignorant is what i am, then I will be the most ignorant person in the world if that means I encourage someone to persue their dream. Matter of fact, I AM ignorant. It's ashame to see people on here who are one-minded about their cause. Sure it's important, but breeding rats are important too. It is truely sad to see people name are calling and who belittle others. This is not the site I thought it was. SMH (shaking my head)

Uhh... I don't think you've been paying attention, because that's exactly what people have been doing. People have explained why they have a problem with most breeders, and given information on what it means to be a responsible, ethical breeder.

Believe me, the people here are not being mean, when I read the first post my first thought was "Oh no, there's gonna be a throwdown." But that didn't happen. People have stayed surprisingly civil, and rattyattie has stated that she's willing to learn.

Yes people get a bit passionate about breeding, it can feel like an attack, but unless someone refuses to listen, it can actually be a very constructive dialog.

Oh sweetie I checked your site and you hooked up with a well moderate breeder...LORR and Ironwill in the bloodlines? Eeek! Your mentor allowing you to take in her stock and breed them so soon in your learning cycle actually looks bad on them. You are totally working with their reputation and if they hand off rats to anyone who says "Hey I want to breed!" then its not very responsible of them at all. At 17 years old, you have a lot of learning ahead of you.

The majority of your rat didn't come from a breeder, so you have unknown genetics you are working with. The outside package means nothing in the rat world. It can hide all sorts of things like serious health issues, serious temperament issues, etc. There's no guarantee that even if you use a sweet doe, and a sweet buck that you will get sweet babies. The one thing I have learned with the real ethical breeders is that you always breed with the goal of improving the rats you have now. Then you take the babies, use the best of them to continue the line. If the breeding doesn't give you much improved rats, then you don't breed that pair again. You should always breed for the Goal, not for adopters whims, or just to make babies to adopt out.

Right now you need to learn more about pet rats since you don't know even the basics, like the honey coloured pain med is metacam. Most breeders have pet rats first, get into rescue, then move onto breeding (doing both at the same time is a red flag for breeders as you cannot do either justice).

There are some very hard questions before you go blithely off pairing up your rats and making babies.

1) Do you have a great vet? Not just a vet that deals with rats, but a vet that can take care of any situation that might arise? They will also need to be inexpensive, since rats (especially when you are breeding) might need emergency care on the fly.
2) Do you have a TON of money saved up for vet costs? One girl having a bad birth can end up very expensive (think $500 or so).
3) Do you have a ton of money saved up for all the cages you will need? You need maternity cages, cages to separate the boys and girls into for each litter, etc
4) Do you have a bulk food and bedding provider? If you plan on buying from petstores you are going to go broke quickly
5) Do you know how to socialize babies? Its not as easy as it sounds...I have raised many rescue litters and learned more from each one.
6) Do you know how to sex babies, when its optimal to separate them, etc? When you should adopt them out?
7) Do you realize you need to keep rats from every litter so you can see how the line is doing? Say 2-4 rats per litter, you breed 1 litter every 4 months, that's an additional 8-16 rats in one year...see where I am going?
8) Are you prepared to keep all the babies that you are unable to adopt out? No giving them to petstores, etc...you made them, you are responsible for them for their life.
9) Are you prepared to take your adopted rats back in if they cannot be cared for by their adopter any longer? (this is a standard clause, but you always need to make sure you have room)
10) What are the basic illnesses/conditions you can encounter with rats and what do you do about them?
11) Do you know any genetics at all? Knowing the genetics in your rats (the reason people keep detailed pedigrees, not just colour/age and rattery) gives you an idea of what to expect, but there are always surprises even with the best of breeders.

These are my 2 favorite breeders, check their pages and read their goals, etc. Sorraia is a member of this forum. Melina helps run a big international rat forum. Both started with pets, then to rescues and finally to breeding.

Black Wolf Rattery
http://www.blackwolfrattery.com

Dazzle Me Rattery
http://www.dazzlemerats.com/

tati4444 said:

LOL.... we're not crazy Jordan. It just looks as if we are just as focused on our ways as you are on yours. Have you ever noticed how people who have the same tendencies have trouble getting along? Have you ever tried putting two of those horseshoe magnets together? They don't want to connect! :laugh4:

Fortunately, humans have the intellectual capacity that magnets do not have so I have no doubt that we can find equal ground on this. We all like you here, we're just going through a period of adjustment (did you ever see that film with Jane Fonda? It's hysterical!) :bunnydance:

Lilspaz gave some really good info on becoming a breeder. Take the opportunity and focus on becoming a kick@$$ breeder with a ton of knowledge!!! Take all science/biology classes you can get your hands on and find yourself a really good vet who would be willing to teach you everything you need to know about rats/rodents! Focus on becoming the absolute best you can be so that you can hold your own with the highly reputable breeders already out there.

It will be a bit of a challenge to get where you want to be, but if this is your dream, then you will succeed! I can shoot an email to a breeder I know of in West Virginia if you would be interested in talking with her. She is very educated in everything "rat" and can tell you what she did to get where she is. Let me know. :thumbup:

Well, the people on here are verrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy passionate about keeping rats safe. It's admirable. Jordan, you getting this? Some people are being....STRONG...about your idea of breeding(which i know you HAVEN'T done yet) and they're looking out for the ratties. Though some appear rude, it isn't hard to see where they're coming from. So, learn more about rats....and breed them the way you see fit! ^_^ Now, if anyone knows how to delete my rat shack account, please, don't hesitate to pm me!

tati4444 said:
Well, the people on here are verrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy passionate about keeping rats safe. It's admirable. Jordan, you getting this? Some people are being....STRONG...about your idea of breeding(which i know you HAVEN'T done yet) and they're looking out for the ratties. Though some appear rude, it isn't hard to see where they're coming from. So, learn more about rats....and breed them the way you see fit! ^_^ Now, if anyone knows how to delete my rat shack account, please, don't hesitate to pm me!

Well send a PM to Jorats, I am sure she will take care of you.

eagle said:
tati4444 said:

Well send a PM to Jorats, I am sure she will take care of you.

I guess this thread did not start off on the intended note and it looks like feelings were hurt. Poor tati... I hope she takes the time to siphon through the advice and see that the intentions were good. This was one intense roller coaster thread. Dude.... I need a bagel. :(

Back