Weird lumps

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my rat has these two lumps that seemed to have formed sometime today while I was gone. I’m going to get her a vet appointment when they open tomorrow. Does anybody know what they could be or what I could do about them?

Attachments

• IMG_3482.jpeg
    IMG_3482.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3481.jpeg
    IMG_3481.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Unfortunately they look like mammary tumors, the only option for those is to be surgically removed or keep her comfortable until they get too big then have her humanely put to sleep by the vet. Rats are extremely prone to tumors and cancer, but I suppose there's a small chance they're abscesses in which case the vet will likely lance them and give you pain meds and antibiotics.

Unfortunately they look like mammary tumors, the only option for those is to be surgically removed or keep her comfortable until they get too big then have her humanely put to sleep by the vet. Rats are extremely prone to tumors and cancer, but I suppose there's a small chance they're abscesses in which case the vet will likely lance them and give you pain meds and antibiotics.
Thank you! She has a vet appointment tomorrow so I’ll see what they think! :)

Back