Weather

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the maritime's must have moved out of Canada because we have no snow and it's + 14 outside! That's t-shirt and shorts weather. Friggin global warming :wallbang:

If that's the case linds, I'll be moving there soon enough.

Yep, more #$%^&* snow! I think Mother Nature is playing a practical joke on us, We've got enough snow thank you very much. I think I'm being punished... I said no to buying a snowblower. :wrong:

lol aww Jo. A snowblower would have come in handy. We're getting a tiny bit of snow today, the grass is actually covered. It's so weird because normally we have like 5 feet of snow by now.

I love the snow, but I hate freezing rain. We've been getting a lot of that lately. It's not safe to drive or to walk, so it is a major pain.

But those Ice Grips that attach to shoes/boots for walking on ice really do work.

We got rain all night and the high winds started this morning. Some tree branches are down but we still have hydro. My husband works for the local hydro company in the office and when we went out this morning we met up with some of the lineman. They had been out last night and were just heading out again today. I wouldn't want their job.

Ann

We are in the midst of a massive windstorm right now. I heard that we could have gusts of wind up to 100km/h. Our power was out for about 2 hours after a tree blew down on a power line a little ways from here. Apparently, up to 200,000 people in Ontario have had power disruptions today because of the wind.

We got the winds too. I watched a poor helpless blue box be thrown across the street and down the next road. I'm sure it lost his home for good. :sad3:

It was lovely out. The snow flurry we got yesterday melting, and I went outside with a sweatshirt on. It was heavenly. Friday it was REALLY weird, we were walking around in short sleeves at work, even outside. We dallied outside for any reason we could, it was awesome! Sunny, muddy, but LOVELY.

But that's not normal for Kansas in late December... But still better than any kind of snow.

We have had everything....lots of snow, freezing rain, high winds, really bitter cold, then very mild, rain, sunny and warm......all in the last week. :roll:

KMG365 said:
We are in the midst of a massive windstorm right now. I heard that we could have gusts of wind up to 100km/h. Our power was out for about 2 hours after a tree blew down on a power line a little ways from here. Apparently, up to 200,000 people in Ontario have had power disruptions today because of the wind.
WE just got power back on afteralmost 24 hours. Will be making a post in the morning about something ridiculous.

I had to revive this thread. So we started getting our snow in late October... and now it's early April. Yesterday there was hardly any snow left on the ground, in fact, the robins were back.

We woke up to this:

:gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

I spit on the weather today. I did not enjoy my walk to work it was windy and way too slushy. YUCK!

Back