Weak legs

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I LOVE Dr. Munn, I should look into the place in Bowmanville just because its about an hour closer.

Thank you everyone for your positive thoughts. It really means a lot to me.

meghan said:
lilspaz68 said:
When are you due sweetie?

This Friday :wow4:

And you were just stressed out and went for a long drive. :shock:
I"ll have my fingers crossed Baby doesn't decide to arrive early for you. (this is a different one for me, its usually praying for an uneventful birth and small litter for a rescue rat, or a rat not being pregnant :wink2: )

Yeah, I swore I wouldn't leave Peterborough after I went to pick up the Revolution from Dr. Munn's office. I do NOT want to deliver in another city! But I figure we're close enough and I don't think my labour will be that fast, so I was safe.

She is sleeping in the cage now, should I let her rest for a while longer since shes had such an eventful day, or should I try to try to feed her right now? I got a bit of Ensure into her about two hours ago, and shes had that injection that had some fluid in it, but that was at 2:30.
I just feel bad waking her up since shes had such a long, hard day.

Oh sweetie, I am sure your mom is caring for her as best as she can, and Ninja knows it. She's felt your love all her life, and would understand you having to leave her for something like this.

Fingers crossed for false labour!!!! :sad3:

you gotta take care of you honey! and that human baby in there...
Your mum will be fine with Ninja i'm sure!
I know nothing about poor Ninja's condition, but I do live close and if I can offer ANY help, PLEASE let me know...

PM me, and i'll do what I can k'?

:hugs:
and take care of you, and that baby....

I hope both you and your baby and your rat baby are all doing well...lucky that you have such a loving mother that will look after your rat baby :heart:

No baby! I had two cervix checks yesterday so that could of been why I was contracting.
They wanted to give me Gravol to control the vomitting and help me sleep, but I don't like the stuff as it knocks me out for days.

Ninja is resting on my chest now.
She ate 3 full syringes of Ensure last night and 3/4 of one this and 3/4 of the rehydration fluid last night and 1/3 of it this morning with her meds.

Her face and arms are sticky because of the Ensure, I've tried to clean her off and shes responsive to that. She also tries to climb over my shoulder sometimes too.

Her breathing isn't as good as yesterday though.

Awwwww....I am glad to hear not just yet for you and the squalling arrival. :thumbup:

And Ninja responding is a good sign no matter how bad her breathing is. Is she responding to oxygen therapy today?

We were soo worried about you Meghan! :cuddle:

She was on oxygen all last night but is off it now. I might start it up again to see if it helps her.

Shes also trying to clean her face every now and then.
I'm going to try to feed her more of the rehydration fluid now.

Thanks for the concern. I got really worried when my contractions became regular! But apparently they can do that when you're really dehydrated.

She just took almost four full syringes of Ensure!!!!
She also had a single poop.

Ninja snuggled up sleeping on my chest yesterday on the way home.
ninjasleeping.jpg

Taking some Ensure
ninjafeeding.jpg

Enjoying some more Ensure
ninjafeeding2.jpg

As of now she is still very lethargic. The odd time she will try to climb over my right shoulder and she will try to clean her face after the Ensure. Shes due for her meds at around 9:00 and we're still going to try to keep the fluids going into her.

Any other suggestions?

Meds, warmth, food/hydration, and love...you have all bases covered. :thumbup:

How i syringe ensure into my sickies is have them on my lap or my chest while lying down and then I tip their head back a bit and insert the syringe. If they are weak, I will use my fingers to brace their head up so they only have to swallow. BUT you having that darn big belly might make that a bit difficult. :wink2:

Back