Urgent two rats in Oshawa that were going as snake food now for sale by owner $10

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rattymouse

I came across this ad for two rats that need rescue from an ad poster that is a snake owner, who was going to feed them to their pet snake. Thankfully the snake didn't want them and now she wants to sell them both for $10. Can anyone help give them a good home?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-pets/o...ts/1007466451?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Poster Contact Information
  • 289-688-6686

• $_35.JPG

• $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG

Date Listed 28-Jul-14 Price $10.00
Address Oshawa, ON L1J 7R8, Canada
View map Offered By Owner I have two friendly male rats that need a home, they were my snakes food but she woudn't eat them and now i like them too much to try to feed to her again.
10$ for both

friendlyratsneedhome_oshawa_july2014_001-176.jpg

friendlyratsneedhome_oshawa_july2014_002-177.jpg

friendlyratsneedhome_oshawa_july2014_003-178.jpg

The darn ad poster has another ad for two more rats D:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-pets/oshawa-durham-region/free-two-large-rats/1008371392

Ontario > Toronto (GTA) > Oshawa / Durham Region > pets > other pets for sale in Oshawa / Durham Region > Ad ID 1008371392
FREE TWO LARGE RATS

Poster Contact Information
  • 289-688-6686

Date Listed 01-Aug-14 Price Free
Address Oshawa, ON L1J 7R8
View map Offered By Owner Two large males rat, they were for my ball python but she did not eatt them, they are also friendly so could make very nice pets.
Text or call 289-688-6686 need gone by 3;30 today!

If noone can take them in, at the very least can somebody with a car drive there to pick up the two or four rats if they're still available and surrender them to the Durham Humane Society or Oasis Animal Rescue in Oshawa?

Oshawa is sadly one of those places that are a dead zone for rescue, I had a contact there who could pull rats but blew her off a week or so ago, when I found out the rescues were actually coming from her and she was lying to me all along.

:(

With this ad its probably the same 2 rats she's got posted.

Perhaps somebody from Toronto or Whitby with a car could go and rescue them? Give them a home or take them to a shelter? I'd pay them the fee to buy the rats plus a small amount for transporting the rats to safety if need be by Paypal after the rescue is complete.

I'm going to ask Janet Smith at Oasis Animal Rescue or anyone else I can find to help. I'll pay $100 to someone who can get the rats safely away from this #@%& ad poster!

Also what kind of rat rescue place are we if we walk away without trying? D:

hey guys i have a car in toronto and actually have to go back into that area in the next few days pm me :)

If you can message the ad poster to secure rescuing the rats, and then find them a good home or take them to a no kill rescue, I will pay you via Paypal $100. I would like to see photos of the rats safe and sound with confirmation of them being rescued before payment though. =^.^=~ There are possibly four rats to be rescued, the two friendly rats for $10 and the two free large rats for free by the same ad poster. I hope that the two free ones aren't gone.

Last edited:
i msgd the poster i wasnt sure if i should message both posters, but i msgd the first one. Ill let you know what they respond but I would like to try and get a foster or a rescue set up I cannot keep them. Although I would love to.

Well you can message about the other one with the rats to ask if they still have them since it is the same person with both ads, or just ask in your reply when they respond to you. If they don't get back to you tomorrow, try giving them a phone call? Thanks =^.^=~

Also what kind of rat rescue place are we if we walk away without trying? D:

I do not think that is a very fair comment. Most of us are full from situations just like this. We used to have running rescues not that long ago, but they all closed and now its just a bunch of people doing their best, with their own money. We cannot help EVERY rat you find on kijiji.

Can someone please try phoning the ad poster to see what the status of the four rats are and to let us know? Thanks =^.^=~

Sadly the ad poster did not respond to texts, e-mails or phone calls by Littles. Has anyone else had any luck in contacting them? I'm going to contact the OSPCA if I don't hear anything by tomorrow lunchtime.

Suddenly the ads say that the rats are no longer available? I wonder if anyone rescued them or did the OSPCA take action?

Back