UPDATE made choice to put willard to sleep after PT worsened

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you still have Batryl, you can still give that as well - it has a very slight anti-inflammatory effect. Every little bit helps. :hugs:

Willy is still doing alright, he seems a bit more alert then he was before the meds, hes more willing to eat food now, doesnt eat enough but eats more then he was :D also the wobbly walking has calmed down and tonight he ate a piece of bread using one of his hands :dance: He hasnt done that since he stared getting sick! He has his ups and downs, some hours it seems we are going to loose him and then others hes very alert and trys to walk around, but I guess thats the way it goes with this. We are planning an early birthday, I bought all the things and we are going to make him a little cake with icing and Im going to write on the cake happy birthday willy :nod: and a little birthday hat and a ribbon that says Birthday boy :laugh4: I thought it would be so cute and in some way I think he would love it LOL so we are going to do that either tonight or tomorrow.

I hope his condition continues to get better ad he can make it through this! That's an adorable idea for his birthday, I'm sure he'll love it! :heart:

well unfortionatly it will take his life, its only going to get so much better.. they need to find a cure :rant: I want to keep my Willy! But we are trying to enjoy as much time with him, we dont know how much time we have left I hope its atleast a month no less, I dont want him to go without being as close to 2 as he can get while still enjoying life.

Really? I am sooo sorry! I feel like a bit of a noob now, but what's PT?
I am sure, at the very least, Willard is more than grateful, thankful, and loves you more everyday for everything you have, and will, do for him.

its a pituitary tumor, its located in the brain and just keeps growing the meds hes on just helps slow the process and helps them function better until his time comes :( but hes doing alright, I think the meds are starting to work a bit.

Some pics of Willy recently

Before meds had really gotten into his system, poor arms :sad3:
DSC03740.jpg

Afters on meds for about a day and some, cant really tell but his arms do not nearly stick out as much
and he can use one hand to help him eat now :dance:
DSC03742.jpg

Eating his Ensure, French Vanilla flavoured LOL he loves it :cheeky:
DSC03744.jpg

Introducing Willy's Blood brother, Legion, he's a little devil hense the name lol :giggle:
DSC03556.jpg

And a video of my sweet Willy trying to eat his yummy soft broccolli :heart:
His arms dont stick out as much as they do in the video right now :)

Glad he is doing better.
Metacam is not the same as predisone. They both have anti-inflamatory properties but work differently.
The best and the recommended treatment for pt is as lilspaz68 stated .... predisone + an antibiotic.

If his tumor is slow growing he could have quite a bit of good time left ... some rats have several months.
If the tumor is very fast growing, then nothing will help.

I hate pt!
I am sure you will cherish and make the most of the time you have left with your sweeet boy.

:hugs:

Oh I really hope :sad3: I want to be hopeful but at the same time I dont want to get too happy and hopeful because then the fall will be so much harder

He does look a bit more chipper... I know it's all relative, really. I had to go through something similar with my rat Chance in August, when he had a stroke (which we thought for almost two weeks was actually PT). Some days would be better, some worse...

Legion looks like a sweet boy - are you keeping them together?

M0onkist said:
He does look a bit more chipper... I know it's all relative, really. I had to go through something similar with my rat Chance in August, when he had a stroke (which we thought for almost two weeks was actually PT). Some days would be better, some worse...

Legion looks like a sweet boy - are you keeping them together?
Yeah they are brothers, I got them together when they were babies so they've had eachother their whole lives.Legion has always been the hyper one and even almost at 2 he runs around rampid like a baby rat LOL somtimes he trys to play restlye too much with willy and cuz hes not feeling well he gets really upset and gets aggressiveand Ive gotta go tell legion to leave him alone lol but yes Im keeping them together, willy especially needs his brother right now :heart: I took the 2nd level out of the cage but left hammocks so if legion wanted to he can climb the walls and go on them. the past few days legion knows something is up with his brother, I wake up every morning to find legion curled up real tight to willy unlike what it normally is, hes letting willy know he loves him :heart:

Ive been reading up on a lot of things, does anyone know any foods that are Anti-inflammatory I know it wont help a lot but I dont want to aid to the tumor growth either, it may buy him atleast days.. I know low protein is one, does anyone know anything else?

We had Willy a little birthday tonight, I baked him a cake and we sung happy birthday, he loved his cake and went real wide eyed for that LOL :lol:

I'll post pics later.

Back