Tucker Is Gone :( **Pathology Results back**

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For The People Who Don't Know Who Tucker Is:

IMG_0454.jpg

His gone :(

Dr. D. removed a twisted piece of fat from the healing of his neuter ..he was sewing him back up and he stopped breathing :sad3:

Dr. D. is sending away the twisted piece of fat and intestine for testing ..he really wants to find out why it happened!

Just back from the vet, we said our goodbyes and now he will be cremated tomorrow!

Now Scamp is all alone :(

I don't think I'll do neuters again ..first Bruno, now Tucker ..both from neuters and from unexplained things. My vet is the best in town, he has done hundreds of neuters, but nothing like this has ever happend!

He is beside himself.

That's 3 in only a few months, at all young ages :sad3:

He's going to need to reassess his protocol. Maybe do some more research.
I know if I were you Renee, I certainly wouldn't have anymore neuters done.
((hugs))

jorats said:
He's going to need to reassess his protocol. Maybe do some more research.
I know if I were you Renee, I certainly wouldn't have anymore neuters done.
((hugs))

Bruno was just a freak accident, he had a heart attack only seconds after waking up!
& this I don't know what to think ..Tucker had no problems and was healing perfectly and BAM it just hit!

I don't blame any of this on my vet, he dose his best!
How out of hundreds of rats he has neutered ..for Bruno and Tucker to be his first?

I'm just bad luck!

I feel so bad about everything ..my vet is trying his best, he was supposed to get off at 5 but stayed with Tucker ..he is going through a hard time right now he lost his monther, his 16 year old dtr is in hosiptal

We will be getting the results of the testing back next week ..he wants to know what happened to try to fix his mistakes ..most of his rat experiences come from me, as not many people are really into rats like I am around here.

Together we are learning ..but sometimes learning sucks :sad3:

lilspaz68 said:
I am so very very sorry. :sad3:

It looks like your vet is looking to assess his protocol himself.

Yes, he is! He is beside himself ..he wants to know why things keep happening just as much as i do!

He loves these guys just as much as I do ..it hit's him, like a brick wall when something bad happens

Out of all of this terrible stuff... it's a good thing that he wants to reassess his protocol, to figure out how to avoid it in the future, as tragic as all this is of course.

If only these things didn't happen to start... I can't blame you for not wanting to neuter anymore until this is all solved, I'd feel the same.

Found out some more infomation:

Tucker was bad last night with sucked in sides and jusy lying down.
This a.m. he wasn't too bad due to having the IBP, but still had sucked in sides.
While at the vet all day he was perfect ..running around and eating ..but my vet said he did notice that he never drank or pee'd.
When I went down to get him, my vet took his temp with a therometer up his bum, his temp was normal ..he gave him a shot for infection just incase there was any infection and gave me some metacam just incase.
When I got him home ..he was completly lifeless ..and thats when it started

My vet says this same thing happens to g pigs, when the neuter is healing, a piece of abdominal fat attaches itself to anything thats near it ..but he hasnt seen it in rats before ..and he has had his fair share of rat neuters ..its so confusing.

Back