Tucker Is Gone :( **Pathology Results back**

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He should not be in any pain 5 days post neuter. Is the incision fine? Can you smell infection?

Is his breathing fine (listen to those lungs)?

If he continues this way, get him to your vet tomorrow. He might want to pull those stitches (they aren't dissolvable) as well.

No smell! Breathing is fine! eating well!

The stiches are supposed to be dissolvable ..You can't see scamps stiches at all

Thats what Scamps looks like, but tuckers don't! I'll call him tomrrow, hopefully he is in.

I just dropped Tucker down, along with Scamp for company. My vet is currently in surgeries but once he is done, he will be taking a look at Tucker.

Tucker was not as bad as last night, but I think it's because the IBP is just starting to wear off now. He is still sucking in his sides, but he is eating and moving around.

Please send good vibes for Tucker :heart:

Reception just called back ..apprently there is nothing wrong .. WTF he isin pain for some reason!

Waiting for a call back from my vet himself now!
He aint coming home till I find out something!!

My vet is also off tomorrow, Sat and Sunday ..SO I need somethign now! ..if something goes wrong over the weekend, I'm screwed

Tucker came home eith me after doing fine at the vet all day! he was perfect ..as soon as I got him home, he started to have pain again and just lied there lifeless, I rushed him back down, they took him in gave him xrays. He is now on a heating pad and waiting for metacam to kick in. Nothing showed on the xray but they can feel hard ropes in his belly, they think its intestinal interception ..they have him under close watch and may have to do ER surgery ..he is in racks of pain when they touch him.

They have never seen this in a rat, but they see it all the time in cats and dogs.

Its basically when the small intestine pushes inside the large intestine.

Please send lots of healing vibes for my baby :heart: :sad3:

If anyone wants to google its actually an intestinal intussusception. Poor Tucker :(

I wonder if he had a lot of internal swelling from the neuter that pushed things around?

((hugs))

They have given him fluids and has had him on a heating pad for the past hour, he is warm and pink again but still has no energy and still in pain. We just came back ..we got to see him ..now he is gone into surgery.

If the surgery goes okay, Dr. D. will be taking him home for the night. We just dropped off his stuff!

I'll update as soon as I hear!

Please pray for my lil boy :heart: ..he is only a baby at 7 months old! :sad3: :sad3: :sad3:

Mommy & Daddy Love you! and your real dad Scamp loves you too! :heart:

Back