Trapper's bubs are here! (And then there were 11)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jorats said:
Sweet! I think I see some barebacks too. :D

I forgot to mention, Jo, the one dark hooded we thought was a bareback has developed the tiniest of tiny spots, perfectly centered right on his spine, half way down his back. So cute! So that makes him a mis-marked bareback?

jorats said:
What a great thread to wake up too. :D
Those little guys could definitely be RB. But, keep in mind if say dad and mom carry mink, they could also be minks so it all depends what mom carries too.

We were thinking that mommy might actually be one of daddy's daughters (from his first litter) as mom and blitzen are so young in comparison to dad. Something like... Mom had babies, Mom died, people kept 2 daughters to breed to dad so she didn't have to buy more rats.

:sick2: Some People...

They're soo cute! I love the wrinkles and the little dots around the mouth where their wiskers are. So neat watching them grow up! Good job Chelle, Graham and Trapper

jorats said:
Inbreeding is not a bad thing in rats and doesn't mean that anything will be wrong with these babes, so no worries there. :thumbup:

Yeah I wasn't too concerned, since I know breeders inbreed to cement traits.

I'm not against inbreding to cement in lines but sometimes it compound bad traits too. And since these people didn't care then there could be issues. Some of the Frenchies ended up with weird health issues that were most likely caused by both reckelss inbreeding and poor living conditions, and then with my cats I'm almost positive Carnage is Phoenix's father as her issues are the exact same as his just to a greater extent (I'm going to get a DNA test done one day).

I'm sure these babies will grow up just fine! More Pics :cheeky:

It's been a few days since I've been on - loving the pics of the babies........I can just remember the feel of soft, fuzzy baby skin...kisses to the babies! :heart:

Jo, patience is a virtue :p

But seriously. I have pictures from two nights ago, Individual pictures with markings and weights, so I'll get those up today.

Alright! Individual baby marking pictures! If anyone was waiting to pick some out, now would be the time to think about which ones you want.

As far as personalities go, they're all wonderful. Boy 6 is a total pusher, and plows his way through the baby piles. Girl 3 is my favorite, and Girl 4 popcorned for us when we took these pictures. As close to popcorning as a 10 day old baby can get. Boy 4 bruxxed a little (can they brux at 10 days?) for me today.

Girl 1 - 13 grams
girl1.jpg

Girl 2 - 12 g
girl2.jpg

Girl 3 - 14 g
girl3.jpg

Girl 4 - 12 g
girl4.jpg

Girl 5 - 14 g
girl5.jpg

Boy 1 - 13 g
boy1.jpg