Trapper's bubs are here! (And then there were 11)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxchelle

So, today I went in to check on Tilly's eye, and my preggo rescue Trapper. Trapper has two kids right now, they're around 3.5-4 weeks old. We knew she was pregnant again, she'd gained 40 grams in a little over a day. But we had no idea we'd look down and see her GIVING BIRTH right in front of us!

I quickly took the older babies out, and shooed the cats out of the room. A quick check on the bubs told me they were all healthy and pink so far, and that she was nowhere near done yet! Trapper has been wonderful, letting me inspect babies, and even coming to see me and grooming in front of me, while I look at babies. I wasn't expecting her to be so trusting of me, she's a darling.

So, there were 3 babies when I first checked. Shortly after, there were 5. Then 8. Now 11. I'll keep you posted.

For now, here's the first five, covered in crumbs (she's not the neatest girl...)

DSC_7204.jpg

Awww, such little sweeties~ At least they are in a good safe place, and it's trapper's last litter. No more worries for her, after these ones are weaned!

Yes, we ended at 11!

There's one baby, with a mark on his ear, or where his ear should be... I'll be keeping my eye on it.

Everyone else is nice and healthy. They're still rather dirty, though as I was leaving the room I heard some squeaks and peeked in and saw her grooming them.

Baby 1 (baby with the mark)
baby1.jpg

Baby 2
baby2.jpg

Baby 3
baby3.jpg

Baby 4
baby4.jpg

Baby 5
baby5.jpg

Baby 6
baby6.jpg

Baby 7
baby7.jpg

Baby 8
baby8.jpg

Baby 9
baby9.jpg

Baby 10
baby10.jpg

Baby 11
baby11.jpg

Anyone know what possible colors could result from a Russian blue hooded father and a beige hooded mother?

Back