Toby is not looking good! Help! (RIP)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She passed away shortly after the vet technician gave the Sub-Q injection. The tech was holding her and Toby started gasping again and then the tech panicked a bit as she felt heart giving up and said she wanted the vet to have a look at her, so she brought her out back to see the vet and came back a minute later and Toby had left in her hands. :(
The tech even tried to revive her, which was sweet of her, but we both knew she was not coming back. The vet walked in seconds later and she checked her heart beat. Nothing. :'(

Thank you everyone for your help and your good vibes. At least she is not suffering anymore. I hope she knows I tried. <3

I came home with Metacam, Clavamox, Oxbow Critical Care and the bag of fluid + syringes (but no butterfly one). If this happens again, I will be prepared, at least.

I'm so sorry your little girl couldn't stay with you. It must have just been too hard for her to keep fighting to breathe. She knows you did everything you could for her; find solace in that. Her love will always be with you.

Back