Tilley-Probably PT-RIP Sweet Baby

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. I am just beyond grateful, since reading other people's PT stories the rats usually pass very very quickly after the start of symptoms :(.

Her appetite is up today, she's really mowing down on Ashes and Ember's birthday cake (she ran off with the whole thing! lol) and the baked potato I gave her. I'll weigh her tonight and see how she's doing, because she hasn't been gaining weight although she does look like she has, oddly enough.

No signs of regression, I am about to bring her dose down on the prednisone now that she has been on the cabergoline for a bit.

She has, however developed a URI. I'm waiting on a call back from the vets. I freaking hate this about steroids, they really seem to mess up their immune system (I've had this happen every time a rat has been on steroids for any period of time, despite preventative antibiotics), and for all I know she has had a URI on it for a while without me knowing because it masks the symptoms.

She has a mild URI that will hopefully clear up soon.

Update on her mam tumor, I hope the difference is noticeable. If it won't make me look like a freak I'm going to see about taking a picture of her file next time I'm at the vet. I know you all believe me, but still its nice to have proof that she had a mam tumor ;).

8331de3b.jpg

176cf84c.jpg

PS She has funny fur from her last tumor removal, the fur never grew back right, which can just happen but it is my understanding that PT can make this worse.

I'm thrilled with the results, and I really hope, if it shrunk her mam tumor it must have shrunk her PT too.

I am so glad that it is working :thumbup:
Very glad for Tilley, & you, and it gives me hope for the next rat I have that develops pt

:hugs:

Thank you, yes, I truly hope this can help others.

It is nice about the mammary tumor. As silly as it is that is more proof it is working in my mind than her lack of symptoms. It's more tangible I guess? While surgery would always be preferred, as a last option it may be helpful for mammary tumors.

I agree especially if the rattie is not healthy enough to go through the anesthetic. Cabergoline would be a good alternative to treat them.

Tilley was just PTS :'( It was not the PT, she was refusing drink and food and having respiratory problems, her poor little body had had enough, so I helped her to let go...

I'm so sorry, Dazzle... sometimes the message is clear, like here. Doesn't make it any easier to follow through on it though.

::hugs:: Play hard at the bridge, sweet Tilley.

Poor girl. She's grateful for what you did, letting her go and ending her pain. She'll see you at the bridge in no time. :']

Thank you guys, I appreciate it. While I'm very sad, I'm glad that she didn't have to suffer, and got to pass peacefully in my arms. I did my best for her, and I'm sure she knows that.

I am so very sorry Stacey...it feels like they weren't finished, especially when you were testing with the cabergoline. I felt the same way with Issa...too soon!!!

((hugs)) to you

Goodbye brave one.

Poor sweet girlie. :heart: :heart:
R.I.P. Tilley.
I am SO sorry Stacey. :cuddle:
I have had two ratties linger on and on with PT.
I also have had ratties that went quickly as well as pts.
It broke my heart.
The heartache is the same no matter how they leave us.

Back