Throttle Wotysg Dec. 20, 2012 to Jan. 31, 2015

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been quite a while since all this started, five months! He has been fighting the good fight for a good chunk of his life. You will know when it is time. Does it seem like he is feeling OK? That is the most important thing.

It has been quite a while since all this started, five months! He has been fighting the good fight for a good chunk of his life. You will know when it is time. Does it seem like he is feeling OK? That is the most important thing.

No he hasn't in awhile. He just lays around w/Axe or he's laying on a shelf hanging his head over the side. There is no gasping, open mouth breathing, coolness or discoloration to his extremities or tail. If there were we would of ended his suffering along time ago. As I've said before, he really doesn't get out time because he freaks when we pick him up and starts peeing (full bladder release). I think there is more going on in his face than the abscess - something looks off, but I don't feel anything. He goes to the vet tonight, but I'm afraid it might be a one way trip this time.:pale:

Throttle IS still with us! Call me stupid - after being examined and everything being tossed out there we made the decision to let him go. As paperwork was being done and what not, daddy decided he wanted him to be around for Peanut's birthday next week. So we called it off - some how it felt right! Here's the call me stupid part, I noticied Axe's tummy fur also had pink/red staining to it - wth!!!! Was I wrong about the blood in the urine?? Throttle has been on antibiotics for months how could he have a uti? There was pink/red on the white towel too that I had the hubby put in the travel cage - what is going on here??? Light bulb goes off - let's test the spot with hydrogen perioxide - IT'S NOT BLOOD!! My boys must of dragged their bellies through something - what? Watermelon, cantelope, STRAWBERRIES!!!

Anyway, we changed some of his medication and checked to make sure the doses are still correct. Switching flagyl to baytril and adding metacam. He seems to be over grooming both sides of his faces in the jaw area so were adding pain meds in case he hurts since he has the jaw issues.

That's where we stand for now.

OMG - I gave the boys cherry tomatos the other day. I bet they dragged themselves through tomato juice!! Now I really feel dumb!

He's still hanging in there, but not doing well. I hope he can make it till next Friday, but I'm starting to think we should celebrate the "Boris boys" & Peanut's birthdays early. I hope my boy lets go peacefully and we don't have to make the decision for him. He's not going to get better so perhaps we can get some prayers that he will let go of his strong will and go be with his other brother Popper and his cagemates that have left us already,:cry3:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay happy birthday little guy!!!!

I'm sorry you all are going through this. Just enjoy whatever time you have, and you will know without a doubt when it is time. Don't worry about it till then.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay happy birthday little guy!!!!

I'm sorry you all are going through this. Just enjoy whatever time you have, and you will know without a doubt when it is time. Don't worry about it till then.

Throttle will take this has a belated b-day wish - his was in Decemeber and he turned 2. His cagemate will be 2 on Friday (Peanut man) and daddy wanted him to be around to celebrate. I just checked on him and he is up and walking around. Its when he gets his meds that he gets stressed and his respiratory issues increase. Perhap we should only give him the ones he takes willingly.

Not long after switching him to baytril the jaw abscess returned so we went back to the flagyl. I did have him out twice this week for out time and he seemed to enjoy walking around the floor. He had trouble breathing, but he'd stop and rest and then go alittle more.

Axe who is not as bad at Throttle was leaping and jumping all over the place - that crazy boy

The Flagyl works ok though? I just wonder how something like maybe Clindamycin or Clavamox even, would fare against that abscess.

I came home to find my boy not doing well at all I had to bathe him because he was covered in urine which obviously he didn't like. He's not breathing well he's cold, his a little ears are cold. It's time for him to let go I have begged him and begged him. I've told him how much we love him and how much we will miss him. I can't get him to the vet tonight I just got off work and I have to be back at midnight. The hubby is at work and he won't be home until morning. I've given him a dose of metacam, not a lethal dose, just to hopefully make him more comfortable. I called the vet and they will be expecting him in the morning to be pts - it kills me that I won't be able to be there with him. I hope he closes his eyes and just peacefully passes.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I amongst many others have benn sending positive vibes your little guys way. Realisticlly though, and I speak as a 20 year qualified vet nurse, they themselves know when it's time and so do their caring owners. Lots of love to you and your little man xxxxx

When I left for work his belly was once again soaked in urine. I tried to pick him up to give once last kiss, but he was having none of that - so I got in what I could.... :sad2: Its definitely his time.... He did take a yoggie earlier, but I don't think he's eating anymore and if he is its very little.

Back