Throttle Wotysg Dec. 20, 2012 to Jan. 31, 2015

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lump/abscess is back!!! I hope it pops on its own, because his breathing isn't the best so I don't think he's a candidate for sedation and lancing... He also gets so stressed just coming out of the cage these days and whenever we pick him up (mostly me) he empties his whole bladder!!!

Poor buddy. But I agree, I don't think they pee from fear really, it would be poops. I hope he's not having kidney issues.

I have a few rats that pee from fear. Charlie does it every single time I pick him up. Jazzy a female does it when I pick her up from meds and I have antoher one that does it as well. Some rats are so scared, they pee themselves :) Charlie has done it since the day we got him and he has been pretty healthy. He is older now and he dotn do it as much but some of the really scared rats will pee all over me the second i pick them up. It is pretty impressive it shoots out like a stream on some.

I just had to take him out to weigh him and the second he left the cage the pee fountain started. This time I held him with the winky pointing away from me. He never did this until his breathing issues/jaw abscess started. He will fight and claw not to be picked up too.

On a sad note he's lost 137 grams since this jaw issue started. I now have to wait for new doses on the flagyl and metacam since the doses she gave today are based on 753 grams not the 616 he is today.

Axe has also lost another 38 grams and is down to 510 grams since he was last weighed on 11/17. He also fights and claws when I try and pick him up.

Oh my poor boys! They will be two on Saturday.

Poor little man :( so sorry to hear that he's unwell again. With regard to the peeing...my miner started doing this when his brother died. It was like he lost all control of his bladder. I guess it must happen when our ratties are stressed or unwell?...

Angie x

I think we are all trying to hold them till their 2nd birthday. 3 of his siblings are doing poorly, two with PT. One with more tumors than she should of had. Losing turtle, Irish is barely hanging on and the other are doing ok but Liam is starting to feel like he is going ot have lung issues as well. Give him kisses for me.

I think we are all trying to hold them till their 2nd birthday. 3 of his siblings are doing poorly, two with PT. One with more tumors than she should of had. Losing turtle, Irish is barely hanging on and the other are doing ok but Liam is starting to feel like he is going ot have lung issues as well. Give him kisses for me.

I started thinking it sounds terrible to get them to their second birthday just to possibly have to say now its time to let them go... :(:sad2::cry4:

These guys are ok minus the PT. We havent hit the part where they shouldnt be here. Irish is worst off but he keeps trying so I will until he stops.

These guys are ok minus the PT. We havent hit the part where they shouldnt be here. Irish is worst off but he keeps trying so I will until he stops.

I just don't like seeing Throttle breathing this way. Axe seems to still have more in him. The lump/abscess is gone so I assume it popped. Yesterday I thought I felt a scab on it, but once I felt it the first time he wanted nothing to do with me touching it again. I hate when they get old - cannot believe they will be two already....

The abscess is forming again. I suppose its going to be like last time. I think it filled 3 or 4 times before it stayed away for a month or so.

We have been lump/abscess free since the second lump went away, but we're going to keep him on the flagyl. Poor boy isn't doing well. He does a lot of hanging off the shelf and side breathing, but no open mouth breathing and his tail is warm and pink along with his feet. He's still eating and taking treats - yogies only!!

It seems my boy's journey is coming to an end. I just found blood in his urine. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal, but he is so weak and sick from his cardiac issue and re-appearing jaw abscess and he just cannot take another issue. We can barely get meds into him now and he's lost so much weight he's just skin and bones. I don't know if we're prolonging his life for us or his aligning brother Axe. I don't know what Axe will do without him. I just wish they would peacefully pass together.

Back