Thought it was a tumor.

Discussion in 'Health & General Care' started by Sabz, Nov 29, 2019.

Help Support Rat Shack Forum by donating:

1. Nov 29, 2019 #1

Sabz

Sabz

Sabz

I have a rat who all of a sudden had a bump. I knew it wasn't an abscess because of the shape. All of a sudden I notice that the bump started to bleed a little so I cleaned it up. Today I go to the cage and see a bit of blood here and there in my huge DDCN. So I check all my rats maybe one got into a fight, rarely happens but checked to make sure. I get to the one with a bump and the freaking bump was gone and healing... weird but then I find this in the cage WTF . I Was like wtf is this... I realized it was a piece of the rat, thought it was a dried plum I don't know I didn't give any thing like that to my rats, I tried to open it up it just seems like dried blood it's really hard and a Chunk of fur!! never seen anything like that
    FreaKED ME THE HELL OUT

Attached Files:

2. Nov 29, 2019 #2

Kye

Kye

Kye

I still say it could have been an abscess.. I found something similar to that when my gals abscess finally popped.!

Sabz likes this.
  3. Nov 29, 2019 #3

Sabz

Sabz

Sabz

I have mostly hairless and this one the skin ripped completely off, usually I apply hot compress when I see the scab and I can drain the puss. BUT I swear this was weird. and it's not like it was puss it seemed like dry blood. I am cleaning it now because it left a pretty decent size gap and had to trim the hair around the wound... I had one black rat which had one on it's neck it was round and I was able to drain it. This one as you see is oval. WEIRD AND KIND OF GROSS!!!

4. Nov 29, 2019 #4

Kye

Kye

Kye

Yeahh I get that.. It could be something else but I still think it's an abscess. My Berkshire gal had a HUGE hole in her neck after hers popped.!

5. Dec 2, 2019 at 6:32 PM #5

lilspaz68

lilspaz68

lilspaz68

Administrator Staff Member Admin

Looks like the scab from an abscess. It might have been ripped off causing the bleeding, but I've seen these lots of times :) Abscesses can fool a lot of us with thinking they are tumours...even my vet LOL.

Kye likes this.