Thought it was a tumor.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabz

I have a rat who all of a sudden had a bump. I knew it wasn't an abscess because of the shape. All of a sudden I notice that the bump started to bleed a little so I cleaned it up. Today I go to the cage and see a bit of blood here and there in my huge DDCN. So I check all my rats maybe one got into a fight, rarely happens but checked to make sure. I get to the one with a bump and the freaking bump was gone and healing... weird but then I find this in the cage WTF . I Was like wtf is this... I realized it was a piece of the rat, thought it was a dried plum I don't know I didn't give any thing like that to my rats, I tried to open it up it just seems like dried blood it's really hard and a Chunk of fur!! never seen anything like that
FreaKED ME THE HELL OUT

Attachments

• 2019-11-29 03.11.16.jpg
    2019-11-29 03.11.16.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 170
  • 2019-11-29 03.11.09.jpg
    2019-11-29 03.11.09.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 169
I still say it could have been an abscess.. I found something similar to that when my gals abscess finally popped.!

I have mostly hairless and this one the skin ripped completely off, usually I apply hot compress when I see the scab and I can drain the puss. BUT I swear this was weird. and it's not like it was puss it seemed like dry blood. I am cleaning it now because it left a pretty decent size gap and had to trim the hair around the wound... I had one black rat which had one on it's neck it was round and I was able to drain it. This one as you see is oval. WEIRD AND KIND OF GROSS!!!

Yeahh I get that.. It could be something else but I still think it's an abscess. My Berkshire gal had a HUGE hole in her neck after hers popped.!

Looks like the scab from an abscess. It might have been ripped off causing the bleeding, but I've seen these lots of times :) Abscesses can fool a lot of us with thinking they are tumours...even my vet LOL.

Back