They're here !! Mama and now only 2 growing babies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
omg what a moving story! I'm so glad you took them and in and they made it! Sorry about the tiny baby but the two boys look amazing! aww. this just made my day!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't help but tear!!! if only everyone out there know how adorable ratties are!!!!!!!!!11

Aaron and Moses 28 days old.

December08twolittlebrothers.jpg

December08AaronandMoses28daysold.jpg

Eve and her baby boys spent a little time together this evening.
Here are some family photos:

December08Eveandherbabies.jpg

Hey mama, where are you going?

December08Whereismamagoing.jpg

December08Himama.jpg

Hi mama

December08MosesandEve.jpg

December08littlefamilytogether.jpg

December08Eveandbabiesexploring.jpg

Exploring

Not to worry Joanne. Eve knows her babies.
She has been in the next cage and I have had them all out together on my lap a few times since Eve had her surgery.

The boys are 4 weeks old today. Hard to believe!
They are drinking formula out of a dish, eating soft foods their mama had eaten and trying other foods.
I have a weight chart for all 3 on page 4. The boys are continuing to grow. :)
I think they wanted to nurse but Eve wouldn't cooperate. Whenever one would stick his head under her, she walked away.

Aaron and Moses are 29 days old.
Eve visited with them again for a short while tonight.

December09Aaron29daysoldeating.jpg

Aaron eating baby cereal and formula

December29Mosesat29daysandEve.jpg

Moses and Eve

December09EveandAaron.jpg

Eve and Aaron

December09EveMosesandAaron.jpg

The little family .... Eve, Moses and Aaron

I love your little family Holly :heart:

Don't worry, Moses' nose should heal up just fine, and you likely won't be able to tell. I was sure Kyrie was going to be disfigured, and I have seen some very nasty wounds on older rats that healed up and straightened.

((hugs)) to you. Kisses to everyone else.

you did such a beautiful job with Eve and her babies, Holly. :hugs:

I don't want to think what Eve would have suffered under someone without your expertise, especially considering her horrific situation! :shock:

I have never, in my life, heard of a mother carrying a litter of dead babies and having them literally rot inside of her. It is just unfathomable. :shock: :sad3:

I am still absolutely amazed that Aaron and Moses were born and are healthy.

I can only assume that the three were born the only survivors from the dead litter and it hurts that the little girl didn't make it.

Eve looks so much better and the babies are to die for. :love6:

I have absolutely no doubt that Moses will fully recover. His little nose looks like it really hurts but he is still the cutest little furball in the world. You can tell him I said so. :wink2:

Back