The Rat Shack Timbits 18 days old!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 days old and these guys are developing fast... I wonder if it's because they are a smaller litter? They are quite strong too.

The group:

4daysoldgroup_edited-1.jpg

4daysoldgroup2_edited-1.jpg

The girls:

4daysoldgirls_edited-2.jpg

The boys:

4daysoldboys_edited-1.jpg

very sweet :heart:

I wonder if it's because they are a smaller litter?
Could be ... plus better nutrition for almost a week before being born, and being born to a mom who had almost a week of excellent care prior to their birth.

5 days old already and these babies are chunk-o-monkeys!! meaning they are huge!

the group:

5daysoldgroup_edited-2.jpg

The girls:

5daysoldgirls_edited-1.jpg

5daysoldgirlsback_edited-2.jpg

The boys:

5daysoldboys_edited-1.jpg

5daysoldboysback_edited-2.jpg

Mmm... so this is where they learn to bulldoze each other:

5daysoldApirlbaby_edited-1.jpg

Baby:

5daysoldbaby_edited-1.jpg

And to show the size difference, a 5 day old baby pictured here with an 11 day old baby. HUGE!

2babies_edited-1.jpg

April and babes:

5daysoldAprilandbabes_edited-1.jpg

ACK! these guys are adorable too! I dont know how you guys get ANYTHING done around there....I have a hard enough time with my 7! lol

So black hoodies...and??? do we know yet? maybe PEWS and?? what about the red eyes?

Look how big they are!!! Those are going to be very healthy ratties!!! GGMR keeps kicking in... I don't think my cages have ever been so clean! Thanks Jo!! The GGMR you keep giving me makes me clean my cages to remind me why I don't need another, LOL! :hugs: for April, she's doing an amazing job!!

Cityratt said:
So black hoodies...and??? do we know yet? maybe PEWS and?? what about the red eyes?
I think they are going to be beiges or champagne, all depends if they are red eye or pink eye. I know they aren't pews cause I can see a light hood.

They are such big babies, but super cute as well! It does look like the lighter ones will be beige, I can see a hood on the size comparison photo. sweet :D

6 days old!

The boys (tentatively both mine... dark one names Jett and light one named Jude)

6daysoldboys_edited-1.jpg

The girls:

6daysoldgirls_edited-1.jpg

The group: (sorry, tried the straight line but they just wouldn't listen)

6daysoldgroup_edited-1.jpg

and we can't forget sweet April:

6daysoldApril_edited-1.jpg

April is the sweetest little girl. I'm so glad things turned out to be alright with her. She's so sweet. She also loves her playdates with Daizy. Shelagh, when do you think we can put the litters together? Another week for the youngests?

Its normally not recommended to combine mommas as you know, but you are so attentive that if you saw anything not quite right you would remove them. I would wait another week for the younger litter...although the way they are going they might be bigger than Daizy's litter by then. :wink2:

How are the mom's with each other and the other girl's babies during the playdates? You might be able to get them together sooner depending on their actions. :)

The moms are great together. At one point, April ran into Daizy's cage, checked out the babies, smelling them to make sure they weren't hers and came out again. Daizy wasn't fazed one bit about it either.

Back